Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] High blood pressure
RE: High blood pressure
Your charts are showing very similar results.
All we can do on your machine for Central apnea is attemp to avoid it.
Realize that a character of central apnea is that is is consistently inconsistent, that is it varies all over the place.

To manage centrals on your machine we try to minimize pressure changes. The first step is to remove the minute vent chart and replace it with the flow limits chart. This will likely show flow limits are causing your pressure changes.
To reduce flow limits we want to increase EPR but raising EPR may, not does, increase Central Apnea. I reduce Central Apnea we reduce EPR.
The next thing we try to do is reduce pressure variation artificially. Typically by limiting the range and approaching a fixed pressure.
In other words it is a balancing act.
Let's start by looking at the following charts
Events, Flow Rate, flow limits, pressure, and leaks make these for on one page by adjusting the vertical height of the individual charts.
Next set EPR =2 so we can see how your flow limits and Central apnea react
Then we reevaluate and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2020, 08:54 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OK!  I was wrong.  It was a good thing.  Big Grin   

Huuummm now I’m confused ??
Post Reply Post Reply
I would love to understand  everything you said but I’m Portuguese and some things I just couldn’t understand
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote pid='372364' dateline='1604326764']

“To manage centrals on your machine we try to minimize pressure changes. “

Does this means Pressure should be static  during our sleep?

“The first step is to remove the minute vent chart and replace it with the flow limits chart.  “

where do I find the flow limits chart? And how I replace 

“The next thing we try to do is reduce pressure variation artificially.  Typically by limiting the range and approaching a fixed pressure.”

Do mean set pressures close to each other?
or put me on a fix pressure?

Thank you

[/quote]
Post Reply Post Reply
Everyone is a bit different. I set out the overall theories of adjustments. Your doctor's fixed cpap mode was not a bad idea and we may end up there but I don't know right now. It's a process.

Then suggested with setting EPR to 2

To get the basic charts in OSCAR
Click View / Set Graphs / Standard
Manipulate heights by grabbing the edge and dragging up a little

Read the organize link in my signature to review this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, is this what you told me to do?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2020, 05:23 PM)sheepless Wrote: I've heard of people having near instantaneous reduction of bp with pap. 4 years of apap, asv & vauto & I'm still waiting so I guess relief isn't universal. on a side note, I've noticed that my bp is high in the morning & lower as the day goes on (apparently it's a thing), suggesting to me that something about my sleep is a problem even with low ahi. I've also noticed that the type of cannabis I use to help me sleep through periodic limb movement lowers my bp better than any of the prescription meds I take for it. too bad it's impractical to use cannabis during the day.

Sheepless, I believe your AM high BP is normal or average. I'm 77 and all my life my BP is highest upon waking. Slightly raising the head of your bed to achieve at least a 5 degree angle will significantly aid your cardiac functions. Most people raise their beds to manage acid reflux, but few are aware that the early Egyptians and many Europeans today elevate their beds. DON'T TAKE MY WORD READ THE FOLLOWING ARTICLE. If you take it seriously I believe it will help you.

Is Your Bed Killing You

To get right to the point, read first the section titled Andrew Fletcher’s Inclined Beds.  

I inclined my bed even higher than 5 degrees several years ago to help wean myself off the acid reflux Proton-Pump Inhibitor (PPI) drug  omeprazole. I succeeded in record time after taking PPIs for 10+ yrs for liver disease but only because I followed all the recommended steps in addition to the bed elevation.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks jas102543. I appreciate your reply.

idk about the higher morning blood pressure; I have read that it's a known condition but have learned little else about it.

I have had an adjustable bed for about 20 years. I sleep with the head raised a bit because I find it more comfortable. I'd have to experiment to determine if leaving the bed flat for a month, say, would increase bp. but of course that's an undesirable outcome so I don't think I will.

unlike bp, my acid reflux eased pretty quickly after starting cpap, to the point I haven't taken anything for it for quite some time. I still have it occasionally after eating certain things I've loved forever, but nothing like pre cpap.

I haven't yet but will take a look at the article you linked.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2020, 07:06 PM)sheepless Wrote: thanks jas102543. I appreciate your reply.

idk about the higher morning blood pressure; I have read that it's a known condition but have learned little else about it.

I have had an adjustable bed for about 20 years. I sleep with the head raised a bit because I find it more comfortable.  I'd have to experiment to determine if leaving the bed flat for a month, say, would increase bp. but of course that's an undesirable outcome so I don't think I will.

unlike bp, my acid reflux eased pretty quickly after starting cpap, to the point I haven't taken anything for it for quite some time. I still have it occasionally after eating certain things I've loved forever, but nothing like pre cpap.

I haven't yet but will take a look at the article you linked.

Sheepless, I never had any GI issues, like heartburn, before I was placed on PPIs for liver disease. The PPIs GAVE ME GI issues because I was in my 60's, a time when aging bodies slowly produce less and less stomach acid each advancing year. So a senior on PPIs, is like pouring gasoline on a fire. I alternated from diarrhea to constipation, bloating, gerd, etc. I've been off PPIs for 2+ yrs and have absolutely no GI issues. PPIs are one of the most over prescribed drug worldwide. My wife, whom I miss terribly, used to say John can eat anything that doesn't eat him first! I live in Florida where doctors are terrible compared to the northeast.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 299 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 112 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 182 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 174 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,633 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 275 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.