Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] High blood pressure
High blood pressure
Hello everyone 
I’m a newbie and this is the third time I’m trying to post a doubt
Well I was diagnosed last august after years suffering 
I was put on a Apap with 7/14 of pressure
On the very next day I felt like I was 10 years younger and my bp lowered to normal levels
Cardiologist told me to lower my Bp meds and so I done it
After about 45 days of Apap I started feeling pressure inside my head and my Bp raised again
Went to my sleep dr who told me she was going to lower my Apap pressure to a fix 10, because of pressure in my head, told me to see cardiologist so he could see what to do with my Bp
So I went to cardio and again more meds,my Bp didn’t lowered on the contrary it raised even more
On my last visit ( 19/10 )To sleep dr told her I was starting to have all symptoms again and Bp wasn’t fine, so she put me on 7/14 again
I think dr is running in circles and I’m afraid specially because Bp
Note that my Ahi are always 2/3 night
Can someone please help me??
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: High blood pressure
Hi Limari!  -  Welcome
It will be very difficult to make any suggestions without knowing your CPAP brand and if it has any software that will provide its sleep session data for review.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard of people having near instantaneous reduction of bp with pap. 4 years of apap, asv & vauto & I'm still waiting so I guess relief isn't universal. on a side note, I've noticed that my bp is high in the morning & lower as the day goes on (apparently it's a thing), suggesting to me that something about my sleep is a problem even with low ahi. I've also noticed that the type of cannabis I use to help me sleep through periodic limb movement lowers my bp better than any of the prescription meds I take for it. too bad it's impractical to use cannabis during the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and thanks for your answer

I am using a resmed AirSense 10 auto sense
And I am using Oscar but don’t know how to post here it records
Post Reply Post Reply
@Limari, controlling BP can certainly be a tricky thing.  As @sheepless mentioned above my BP is higher in the mornings.  It may have to do with the fact that I usually take my meds in the AM and they have worn off by the time I awaken the next day.  But I don't track my overnight BP so it's hard to say.
I have not been able to associate my xPAP usage with a raise in my BP other than that, but everyone is different.

If you look at my signature (below) you will see a link on how to attach your OSCAR charts into a forum post.  Hope this helps...

Certainly bring up any concerns with your doctors.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I never had any blood pressure issues, until I had a Cardio Version done a couple of years ago. Prior to retiring in 2010, I was obligated to having an annual physical done. Each & every time, the medical staff would remark about how mine was so good, and they wished their's was as good. 

I take 10mg. of Lisinopril during the day, and an add'l, 5mg. at night just before bedtime. Mine bp is still on the high side, although not as bad as it was.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine isn’t dropping even with pills

Hi Jeff and thanks for your answer
I am not being able to attach my reports from Óscar, when i I click search files I can’t see none from Oscar maybe Oscar is not well installed
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crimson I just finished my profile
I have Oscar but unfortunately I am not being able to deal with it
I’ll keep trying 
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! All you need to do is open a Daily screen in OSCAR and press the "F12" key. . . Image acquired!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
You may have a situation where your blood pressure is inherently high. Does anybody in your family have high blood pressure? My mother gave this to me.I’ve been dealing with high blood pressure since I was 25, I’m 70, and no matter how much weight I lose or use a CPAP or anything else, I will be on medication the rest of my life. Mine is not terrible it’s about 150/90, but they obviously want it lower. I have been to countless Dr’s over my lifetime, and essentially they all agree that sometimes it is just high.
Glen in Ft Lauderdale

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 216 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.