Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] High blood pressure
RE: High blood pressure
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
4 years ago, when I had a sleep doc, I told him I was going to experiment with various settings to improve on the marginal results I had from his settings. he warned me he could choose not to treat me. I said I wanted us to work together, I'd document everything, consider any ground rules he set. he said okay, just reset the settings to his when I see him again in 6 months (6 months!). in the end, the results spoke for themselves and I haven't seen the sleep doc in 3 years. of course everyone's situation is different; I would never recommend anyone ditch their doctor. instead, I suggest that speaking openly, honestly and assertively to reach an understanding is in everyone's best interest. if after that a doctor shut me down, I'd do whatever I could to find a more supportive doctor. btw, like many here, I got substantially more information and guidance here than any sleep doc (like night and day) and I had 7 sleep studies and dozens of doctor's appointments over too many years. obviously my way may not be appropriate for you and and you'll work out what is. I wish you the best.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with everything you said, I would love to spoke with my dr and I did it 
But it seems to me they just don’t listen to you, they follow one protocol and they don’t want to change it, some don’t even know what they’re doing 
Take my case for instance: I went to pulmonologist dr to say I was feeling pressure in my head and my Bp had raised
Solution let’s lower your Apap pressure to 10 fix
After a month I was feeling with almost all my inicial symptoms , tired, sleepy, etcand my Bp didn’t lowered 
Went to a new appointment last 19 solution??? Back on first pressure 14/7
Did my dr listened what I said, or did she remember my case? 
I don’t think so
Post Reply Post Reply
I know. it's frustrating. in my experience, feeling heard and properly attended after a doctor's appointment is the exception rather than the rule. best to shop around, if you can, for someone that you feel will be more attentive, or at least more communicative (because we hope they know a lot more than us and there's a method to their madness that they're not explaining to our satisfaction).
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi,
Although I am not suposed to do it I made the changes you advised me to do
This is the new data from Oscar

PS- my BP is dropping  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Responding to a PM about treating BP with xPAP.

I believe that Obstructive Sleep Apnea can impact many body statistics, including BP.
I have no expertise with this other than optimizing apnea treatment. Once this has occurred IMHO Doctor prescribed Meds, such as those I am on should be applied. I do not have any direct association with BP and PAP therapy.
On Meds, With Cannabis, I know of no published or in process studies with analysis of the therapeutic benefits of Cannabis.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have central apnea, 
When I first started using Apap my Bp dropped to normal
After two months using it, I started feeling pressure on my head and Bp raised again
So dr decided to put me on a fix 10, but this was even worst, so she decided to put me back on Apap 7/14, Bp wasn’t dropping and I began to start feeling all apnea symptoms again, that’s when Crimson Nape told me to change to 7/9 with no ramp
What I would like to know is if there’s any difference between the two data Oscar I posted
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
There does not seem to be any difference. Your first chart appeared to have pressure induced CA's. I was hoping that lowering the pressure would reduce these.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ca’s reduced but not all nights, I have had most nights 1.2 , 0.8
And blood pressure is lowering
Post Reply Post Reply
OK! I was wrong. It was a good thing. Big Grin You might try sleeping on your side and not tucking your chin into your chest.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 689 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 212 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 296 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.