Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hole in Tubing - Thanks, Cat!
RE: Hole in Tubing - Thanks, Cat!
The silicone stretch repair tape that sticks to itself works well. It conforms to the ridges and valleys of the hose and flexes with it. Check the Loc-Tite display at your hardware or home improvement store. The tape has a clear release film when it is on the roll.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! I didn't know they sold anything like that!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
My cat used to pick at the hoses, short and long both to wake me up to feed her. She discovered it was the only way to wake me up as I am a solid sleeper. Plus, I think something about the plastic tubing itself was enticing. When I purchased replacements I covered the long hose with a loose silk scarf held in place with elastic bands and I knitted or crocheted a cover for the short hose again using elastic bands to hold them in place. The scarf wasn't long enough to cover both hoses, but if you can't knit a small scarf would work for the short hose. I kept it loose so she wouldn't find anything solid to bite.

Then she went for the electric cords.....
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a great idea! Mine has always been fine during the night - he just wants it when I put it on or take it off. Don't know if he thinks it's coming alive at those times or what. In any case, I will fix the holes with some food-grade caulk, put the zippered cover back on the long hose, and crochet a cover for the short one. Thanks so much for the great idea!
Post Reply Post Reply
Our cats sleep in our garage (my man cave) @ night.  Cool

They have it pretty good! Plenty of spots that they can choose from to bed down.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope. Not going to happen here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 756 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  P10 modification advice - where are the hole pokers at? her.suit 5 424 01-15-2024, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 546 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.