Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger)
Question 
Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger)
My first post. I am getting my first CPAP next week and I am curious about getting a Hose Buddy, a hose hanger. I can imagine that the hose could get tangled up when I toss and turn. My thought is that a Hose Buddy would be a good idea. Please provide me with some feed back.

Much appreciated,

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger)
I use a Hose Buddy and really like it. You may need to fiddle a bit to get the amount of slack that works for you. The one thing I don’t like is the somewhat hospital-like appearance of the thing, so what I do each morning is take the top part off (with hose attached) and stow it on a shelf under my machine. I put a ziplock bag over the end of the hose to keep any dust out. Then I can prop pillows up over the stub that stays in place. Takes about two seconds to remove or replace the top part. Don’t forget the little ring that helps the top part swivel!
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people like them and some people don't. It's a personal preference.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had been using one. Then I got an adjustable bed frames, so the hose buddy was sliding out/ falling out- and now am trying out a makeshift CPAP Hose Clip (a name badge clip with a velcro strip).

The thing I like about the hose buddy is that it is very versatile, if you travel you can bring it along with you and use at hotels . . . You can do that with the CPAP Hose clip as well, but the hose buddy puts the hose in a higher position which I prefer over using the clips . . .

All that to say, is if I had my old bed frame, I would use the Hose Buddy, and keep the hose clips for travel as they are easier to pack in my luggage . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
I fabricated my own hose hanger. When I first started SA treatment, I went w/o a hose hanger. For about 6 weeks or so, I did okay. But it was troublesome managing the hose laying on me. 

There was some talk on here about others using a hose hanger. I did some online research and took a good look at how they were constructed. I decided to make my own that attached to the top of our bed's headboard. It's rock solid and totally out of my way.

Anyways, now that I'm using one, I can't imagine going w/o it. Not a big fan of the ones that slip between a mattress and a box spring. Looks way too flimsy and it would be in my way. 

I did a little tweaking here and there on mine when I first made it. I now think that I have it pretty much perfected. I also bought a hose cover so that if the hose moves around a bit on top of the head board, it's literally silent.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love mine. I pulled cpap off table one night while getting tangled in hose. Ordered buddy next day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a HB. I tried to go without one for about a week or two, but I did not like the feeling of the hose on my chest/body, and did not like having to deal with it while trying to sleep as it would often cause me to wake up.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried without one and was constantly waking myself up by the hose getting snagged on things, problem solved with a hose buddy - the blue fold up metal ones on eBay are great and folded fit inside a Resmed carry case per cutely for travel - highly recommend.

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing I bought after getting the machine. Wouldn't go without it!   

sb.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one. I've used it; I'm not right now. I find it fiddly to adjust,, and stopped using it after my last trip.Once adjusted it's very good.

I have also used the cpap cap that the vendor sells. In fact I shall order another one.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 90 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,716 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 299 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 271 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 654 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,396 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 577 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.