Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger)
RE: Hose Buddy (Hose Hanger)
(05-03-2019, 08:37 PM)Technopauper Wrote: I tried without one and was constantly waking myself up by the hose getting snagged on things, problem solved with a hose buddy - the blue fold up metal ones on eBay are great and folded fit inside a Resmed carry case per cutely for travel - highly recommend.

Rob

Do you mind specifying which specific one you got from ebay? Don't want to get stuck with a garbage one!
Post Reply Post Reply
there are some really good options to get a hose buddy on amazon for under 15 dollars.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 11:15 PM)ruach Wrote: there are some really good options to get a hose buddy on amazon for under 15 dollars.

The real one? I got the real one from Apria with a discount code. It ended up being around $38 after a 15% discount.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 11:37 PM)vroomvroom Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 11:15 PM)ruach Wrote: there are some really good options to get a hose buddy on amazon for under 15 dollars.

The real one? I got the real one from Apria with a discount code. It ended up being around $38 after a 15% discount.

No, not the original Hose Buddy, the one I like is the North American Healthcare JB5651 Cpap Hose Holder, and it currently sells for 14.28 on Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
For travel I have the Arden Innovations collapsible hose holder. It is really tall, at 41", which is vital for me since I tend to use a lot of pillows when traveling to elevate my head to minimize sinus congestion. Plus it is light and collapses to a very small size totally worth it. The Hose Buddy is heavy and not suited for travel, except, perhaps, by car or camper. (Keep in mind that Hose Buddy is a specific brand name of hose stand, not a generic. The Hose Buddy is sturdy, not as tall as I'd like and expensive.)

At home there are a lot more options. You can even use a 3M stick on "command" hook, plant hanger, a microphone stand with an arm (cough, I had an extra, so I'm using it :-) ), or any of the commercial hose stands.
Post Reply Post Reply
I run my hose over the headboard which is quite high. For travelling, I used a hosebuddy. Just a $10 one from Amazon. I don't use it at home because it made my hose attractive to my cat and she started biting it. Guess it made it look like a snake or something interesting.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 10:20 PM)vroomvroom Wrote:
(05-03-2019, 08:37 PM)Technopauper Wrote: I tried without one and was constantly waking myself up by the hose getting snagged on things, problem solved with a hose buddy - the blue fold up metal ones on eBay are great and folded fit inside a Resmed carry case per cutely for travel - highly recommend.

Rob

Do you mind specifying which specific one you got from ebay? Don't want to get stuck with a garbage one!
This one on eBay.ca

Rob
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night I used my CPAP hose Holder, and I sleep better using that rather than the hose clips . . . Having the hose hang from higher is better . . .
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-03-2019, 09:28 PM)DaveL Wrote: I have one. I've used it; I'm not right now. I find it fiddly to adjust,, and stopped using it after my last trip.Once adjusted it's very good.

I have also used the cpap cap that the vendor sells. In fact I shall order another one.

I apologize.
Mine is the CozyHoze Boss marketed by Pur-Sleep.  [commercial link removed]
I bought it at least 5 years ago.
There's a sketch showing how the equipment should be mounted on their website. It's self explanatory. However, when I've had troubles adjusting it it was because I hadn't looked at the website.

The device has 2 reels that rewind once they are extended. One reel supports the hose. The other reel extends if you move.
The hose is hung from a high point on the wall that I choose. the device comes with a few 3M wall stick-ums so everything is provided. They say those may be removed and won't damage the wall...

so the hose connects to your mask in front. the hose runs up behind and above you, and back to the machine. Some masks like the Respironics DreamWear would really suit this arrangement.

Hope this helps.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Not a lot to add here, except to confirm that having the hose elevated keeps it from tangling in blankets, pillows, etc. and that is one less concern ...promoting peaceful sleep. I like that someone added how you can do this on the cheap, which was my solution too. I don't travel much and just use a swivel arm plant hanger attached to the wall above my bed. I tied a hair scrunchy in a knot so it makes a figure eight and have one end looped around the hose and the other on the plant hanger. It's easy to adjust the hose this way and it stays put pretty well. I like that it folds almost flat against the wall when out of use and will pivot in an arc so that the hose will move with you if you move around in the bed. The oxygen bleed in line doesn't pop off with this arrangement either, something that did happen when it was dragging across the bedding prior to using the hanger.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 640 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,556 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.