Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose Diameter
Hose Diameter
I recently got a ClimateLine tubing for my ResMed S9. I notice it has a 15 mm diameter instead of the 22 mm diameter of my old hose.

On my PRS1 machine I remember seeing a menu option that allowed me to select 15 mm or 22 mm diameter hose. Is there no such setting on the S9? I can't seem to find it!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose Diameter
On my S9, it's called "Slimline" and "Standard". It's found under the "Setup" options and furthermore under "HoseTube".
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah... I see it now. On mine it's

Setup --> Tube -->

and from there the choices are Standard, 3m, or SlimLine.

The reason I didn't see this before is that it disappears when I plug in the ClimateLine hose.

My guess is that the machine "knows" which ClimateLine hose you've plugged in. Mine has a diameter of 15 mm and a length of 2 m.

There's also a ClimateLine MAX that's 19 mm by 1.9 m.

Anyway, I'd been trying to treat my cold with extra humidity but the rain out has prompted me to buy this heated hose. I've set both the temperature and the humidity to their maximum settings. There's also a humidifier in the bedroom because my wife has a cold, too. So we'll see how it goes tonight.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2015, 08:43 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Ah... I see it now. On mine it's

Setup --> Tube -->

and from there the choices are Standard, 3m, or SlimLine.

The reason I didn't see this before is that it disappears when I plug in the ClimateLine hose.

My guess is that the machine "knows" which ClimateLine hose you've plugged in. Mine has a diameter of 15 mm and a length of 2 m.

There's also a ClimateLine MAX that's 19 mm by 1.9 m.

Anyway, I'd been trying to treat my cold with extra humidity but the rain out has prompted me to buy this heated hose. I've set both the temperature and the humidity to their maximum settings. There's also a humidifier in the bedroom because my wife has a cold, too. So we'll see how it goes tonight.

Exactly, the three contacts on the climateline hose are sensed by the machine (through the humidifier).

The three contacts are common, power for the heater, and the temp sensor.

As you noticed, the climateline has to be twist locked into the H5i as the contacts are in that block below the 22mm hose nipple.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
With both humidity and temperature at maximum settings I got no rain out. Not even in the mask!

Nothing unusual about the night's sleep. The CPAP air did feel warmer. But for the first time in years my AHI is above 5. Haven't looked at the data yet but tonight I think I'll go with the default settings of auto humidity and 80 °F temperature.

Usually my AHI is between 0 and 3, and hasn't gone above 4 since just after I started PAPing some 3½ years ago.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Review the leaks.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 01:13 PM)Sleepster Wrote: for the first time in years my AHI is above 5.

I suspect the cold is causing that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Leaks look good. AHI has been creeping up a bit more than usual on some nights in the last month or so. It could be the cold! I was thinking that.

Anyway, last night CA=3.65, OA=1.95, for a total AHI=5.59. All events have a short duration. Very few more than 20 seconds, the highest was 25 seconds.

No pattern to it, though. Three and four days ago I had two nights in a row where the AHI was 0.38 the first night and 0.43 the next.

So ... all is good. No worries.

Except for the cold, which was preceded by a few months of digestive issues, I've been feeling much better since I switched to a full face mask almost four months ago. The digestive problems are I think due to weight gain. I was 230 lb when I started CPAP therapy about 3½ years ago. Last month I had climbed to 256 lb. Now I'm down to about 244 lb and dropping. My goal is to get to 220 lb by my 60th birthday in July. The last time it was that low was the mid 1990's.

Next goal is 200 lb by the end of the year. The last time I weighed less than that was the late 1980's. My height is 6'-2".

I don't want to be a fat man.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 234 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,287 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.