Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose question
Question 
Hose question
Hi! 1st post here. =) I have been using my cpap for about a month and a half now with pretty good success. I only feel like a motorcycle has run me over and not a Mac truck! lol

My question for you is how do you dry out the inside of your hose? I started using a humidity level of 3, but it wasn't high enough so I'm up to 5. It works well, but I can't get the hose to ever dry out and I'm afraid of getting mildew or mold. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose question
Welcome to the forum ... The S9 continue to blow air after turned off to cool the humidifier and will dry the hose too
You can also disconnect the hose and hang it to dry

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome

I usually empty and wipe out the humidifier tank then put it back, close the lid and start "Mask Fit" (hold the knob button down until the smiley/frowney face comes on the screen). I let it blow for a little bit while I'm taking my mask cushion out of the frame and then stop "Mask Fit" by hitting the knob button. It will continue to blow softly in "cool down" mode while I go wash the mask cushion good and shake it dry. When I bring the mask cushion back I start "Mask Fit" again and let it blow while I'm putting the mask cushion back in the mask frame. When I'm done I stop "Mask Fit" and let it continue to blow on "cool down" until it stops on its own - it goes for a few minutes. This usually keeps the inside of my hose pretty dry.

If the inside of my hose is really wet, like from washing or something, I get a good start on drying it out by twisting up a dry paper towel, sticking it in the end that connects to the humidifier (the other end has a little nub that sticks out and gets in the way) and then put the end up to my mouth and blow the paper towel through it to the other end (the nub keeps it from coming out) then put that end up to my mouth and blow it through to the other end (have to stop it from flying out the humidifier end with your finger). I blow it back and forth a few time before taking it out, hooking the hose back up and using "Mask Fit" and "cool down" to finish off the drying. This works pretty good for me.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rocknroehl,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I have a CPAP dryer that I use to dry my hose out after cleaning it each week. You can also hang your hose over a showercurtain rag or towell rack to dry it out.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I give it a good shake then hang up over the shower curtain. Doesn't take long.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are not already using one, a ClimateLine (heated) hose should reduce the condensation in the hose and keep it drier to begin with. Alternately, a hose wrap would also keep the hose warmer and also reduce condensation.

As for drying it, I too just run the CPAP airflow with the humidifier turned off. That also works well after washing the hose to get the residual smell out. Even non-perfumed soaps have a smell, at least to me.

Oh PaulaO2, I thought you twirled the hose over your head to dry it? Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Only when very very exhausted. It did work, though!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 229 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 580 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,554 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.