Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hose sizes
Hose sizes
What diameter hose is best for what circumstances?

I decided to get an extra hose. That way I could have one in use on the machine, one in the wash; no rush. And I would have a backup on hand, just in case.

I looked online where I bought my machine and found a PR hose that said "ultra-light." I thought that was what I wanted. I failed to look at the detailed specs, which said this was a 22-mm diameter hose. It is heavier than the 15-mm hose that came with my machine. Now I'm wondering whether to use it at all.

Is the larger diameter hose used mostly for full face masks, as opposed to nasal pillows or cushions? Or does it not make a difference, assuming that I change the hose setting on the machine?

As a relatively new xPAP user, I did not get much advice with my machine. And the advice I did get was mostly questionable. (I got a prescription from my GP and bought online.) So far just about everything I know about xPAP equipment I have learned from this board. Thanks, folks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hose sizes
With the possible exception of the travel CPAP machine, all use 22 mm hose ends that are universal. Heated hoses are a second exception, as they are proprietary in connection.

I think the question is more geared towards comfort. If the lighter and smaller hose is preferred, go with it. Yes, larger diameter hoses can move more air, but most mainstream machines have a hose setting for compensation.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 284 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 259 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,372 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 695 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.