Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hoses - Slimline / Standard / Length Questions
Hoses - Slimline / Standard / Length Questions
Hello everyone. First post on the board.

Before my questions, I need to say thank you and there are some incredibly nice, helpful, and knowledgeable people on here.

I Have recently switched to the Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto. My prior machine was a Respironics REMStar Pro M-Series CPAP with Integrated Heated Humidifier.

On the Responics, I used a standard size hose that was 9' (2.75m). My Aircurve came with a 6' (1.8m) Slimline hose.

I simply could not get comfortable with the Slimline.

I hooked up the 9' standard and changed the setting to standard in the settings.

I can not tell the difference between the two in how my therapy is. Anecdotally, I feel the same, no headache or other common symptoms.

Questions:

Does it make a significant difference using the 9' standard as opposed to the 6' slimline?

Does anyone know if there are Slimline available longer than 6'?

I feel comfortable using the standard hose and am not really inclined to do a trial using one then the other and comparing the two through Oscar or other tools. But should I?

Thank you very much for any advise or input that you can provide.

Vincent
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hoses - Slimline / Standard / Length Questions
Hi bartalone!  -  Welcome

Your VAuto has a setting for the 3-meter hose.  This is to allow for a larger volume of air between the CPAP and the mask.  I'm not aware of a 3-meter Slimline hose.  

Something you may wish to consider, while the Slimline is lighter, it requires a higher air velocity to achieve the same volume of air as a standard hose.  The increased velocity also generates additional turbulence caused by the hose's ribbing, thus making these hoses louder.

Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 87 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 258 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 307 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 464 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  Resmed A11 Autoset - Set to standard time? foss 2 499 11-07-2023, 05:48 AM
Last Post: multicast

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.