Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe
I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?

What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

Most likely a brand and model was not specified in the prescription. The DME dispensed the least expensive model that meets the requirement of the prescription. My guess you were prescribed an "auto-CPAP". Sounds like you got a good machine anyway, but if you wanted the "for her" model, you'd have to do some persuasive arguing with the person dispensing the equipment. It's really up to you to make the doctor aware of a specific desire or request. Whether he is aware of that model or not, it's rare to see that level of specification in a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote: The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

I've never heard that one before.

It's cute!!
Thumbs-up-2
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?
Yes but ignorance is not an acceptable defense or excuse
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

Check with your DME maybe you could exchange it?, doesn't hurt to try , then it would match your décor Smile good one I like it!Smile
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 58 25,499 Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamStation MODEL Number Question NickAsleep 9 766 09-23-2017, 09:09 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  My new machine feels different despite same model and settings. nathanoj 5 299 09-01-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: nathanoj
  [Equipment] Latest Cpap Model 420benz 4 355 08-13-2017, 02:12 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
  How to decide which machine to buy? Hydrangea 16 696 07-09-2017, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 11 922 06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 1,254 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider