Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe
How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe
I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do Drs decide which machine model to prescribe
(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: I wonder why my dr. prescribed the ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Start and not the "For Her" version?

Is there any rhyme or reason as to what machine you get? Obviously I would presume the machine capabilities vs. treatment required are first and foremost but beyond that? Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?

What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

Most likely a brand and model was not specified in the prescription. The DME dispensed the least expensive model that meets the requirement of the prescription. My guess you were prescribed an "auto-CPAP". Sounds like you got a good machine anyway, but if you wanted the "for her" model, you'd have to do some persuasive arguing with the person dispensing the equipment. It's really up to you to make the doctor aware of a specific desire or request. Whether he is aware of that model or not, it's rare to see that level of specification in a prescription.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote: The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

I've never heard that one before.

It's cute!!
Thumbs-up-2
Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 11:21 AM)Sparkle Wrote: Could it be he wasn't aware of the "For Her" model? Any ideas?
Yes but ignorance is not an acceptable defense or excuse
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-15-2015, 01:13 PM)Sparkle Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 12:40 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: What did your prescription actually specify? Do you have a copy?

I've called the dr's office for a copy of the sleep study results and a copy of the script. It's nice to know its a good machine. The only reason I would want the "For Her" one is that is goes better with the decor in my bedroom - lol. I can live with the one I have Smile

Check with your DME maybe you could exchange it?, doesn't hurt to try , then it would match your décor Smile good one I like it!Smile
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,142 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Curve 10 need model # help Fiveseven108 17 1,167 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Greywolfe
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.