Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean?
How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean?
Brand new to this whole thing.

I've slept 3 nights with CPAP thus far and have been wiping my F&P Simplus mask with Seventh Generation Sensitive Skin baby wipes everyday as kind of a shortcut to keeping it clean enough, but I'd like to actually remove the headgear and clean the mask in soapy water now...

Stopping me is the fact that I can't figure out how to remove the headgear from the mask - the white part that says ResMed on it in the photo.

Does that white part that says ResMed unhook in some way from the front of the mask? Or is the gray strap supposed to pull out from the white part that says ResMed?

Hesitant to start pulling and pushing every which way lest I cause some kind of damage.

Confounded and appreciative of any help.

-LordHelmet

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How do I get ResMed headgear off of F&P Simplus mask to clean?
Not sure how the ResMed headgear connects to the frame (hook&loop Velcro?), but the mask can unsnap from the frame so it can be washed as shown in this Youtube video link...

https://youtu.be/jLJwj54QJlo

How is it you have ResMed headgear on an F&P product rather than F&P headgear?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, StratCat48. I'm also unsure how the ResMed headgear hooks to the frame. It's certainly not Velcro - that would be easy. It all looks like plastic to me.

I'm actually familiar with the video you linked to. Are you talking about what that guy is doing at the :38 mark? He sort of shimmies and unhooks it from the frame as far as I can tell, but whatever I have going on here doesn't do that. This thing is firmly affixed.

And I wish I knew why I have ResMed headgear with an F&P Simplus mask. I didn't notice this when I first got it to be able to ask about it and now here I am. It's making me wonder if the mask I was given is a different one than the F&P requested.

This is fun.

In any case, thank you for trying to help me.

-LordHelmet
Post Reply Post Reply
Our exchange led me to look a little more carefully and - eureka - they actually gave me a ResMed Airfit F20 mask, which is why the F&P video makes no sense. And why I have ResMed headgear.

Why they gave me this, I don't know - the F&P Simplus was what was requested by my doc, but the Airfit F20 is very comfortable in any case.

OK, off to watch assembly/disassembly videos and change my profile details. Ha.

-LordHelmet
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 449 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 439 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 506 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.