Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How much does Aetna cover?
Question 
How much does Aetna cover?
I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and was told, yesterday, I need a CPAP machine. I have insurance with Aetna and I am wondering how much is covered. How much will I have to pay out of pocket. This is a new thing for me and I am trying to learn as much as possible about living with Sleep Apnea and using a CPAP machine.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How much does Aetna cover?
(12-12-2012, 03:44 PM)USKiwi Wrote: I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and was told, yesterday, I need a CPAP machine.
Thanks
welcome to the board and good luck
read here before getting your machine ... the right machine choice can make big difference
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi USKiwi and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2012, 03:44 PM)USKiwi Wrote: I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and was told, yesterday, I need a CPAP machine. I have insurance with Aetna and I am wondering how much is covered. How much will I have to pay out of pocket. This is a new thing for me and I am trying to learn as much as possible about living with Sleep Apnea and using a CPAP machine.
Thanks

Hi USKiwi,

I take it you're in the US but originally from NZ?

Your question is too one-sided for anyone to be able to give you any kind of legitimate answer.

In the past I've been insured several times with Aetna but, like all insurance companies they offer multiple group plans as well as self-insured group plans and their benefit for DME (durable medical equipment like CPAP) is probably different between their preferred providers and their in-network providers etc.

Your policy showing your elections from your employer's benefits package will have the name of your particular plan along with what they pay for DME and physician's and what your total out-of-pocket expenses or co-pay (flat-rate or percentage) should be.

If your doctor gives you a list of DME providers in your area, you'll give your Group ID and Member Number etc and they should be able to get authorization for you and then tell you what portion you'll be responsible for paying.

You could also call the customer service number (24 hours a day) on your Aetna card and just ask them, they may have a preferred provider which usually means less money out-of-pocket for you but, not always.

Good luck, and don't be afraid of CPAP, there's millions of people using it and living a better life because of it, you're not alone by any means and if you have questions that's why this board is here.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
Question Side cover for the water chamber replacement larrynolte2012 2 526 06-10-2023, 12:26 PM
Last Post: larrynolte2012
  COVER YOUR HOLES!!! David Clark 2 736 05-24-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: David Clark
  Anyone designed a cover for Resmed machines? Asjb 4 616 04-09-2023, 10:51 AM
Last Post: B1Sailor
  [Equipment] I will pass mask test on Resmed if I cover the vent holes rgartman 4 966 03-04-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: rgartman
  Dreamstation 2 side cover dlong0609 3 879 12-14-2022, 01:39 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.