Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How often do new machines come out?
RE: How often do new machines come out?
The dramatic change in technology was with the S9. The Airsense uses the same technology, it just has an integrated design. The Airsense For Her has an additional algorithm. Having the integrated humidifer probably is to compete with the new travel machines - small and compact and can fit easily in your suitcase.
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy your own from the US as recommended by others in this thread. A new S9 autoset will perform just as well as the A10 if you want to save money. Don't get the Elite or Escape models.
Post Reply Post Reply
with shipping from the US, i think the prices are similar to online shops in canada... unless you guys know of a better website that i dont know of?
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with the others.
For example there really isnt any difference in s late model PR560 and a Dreamstation auto machine except looks and price.
Resmeds are the same. New names, resmed did start flagging FL and RERA in the " for her" models, but little else changed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2016, 10:45 PM)geebs Wrote: with shipping from the US, i think the prices are similar to online shops in canada... unless you guys know of a better website that i dont know of?

Search in Amazon USA "Respironics", i buy one new DreamStation complet at US$ 349,00, at this time I think prices have risen to 409,00.
Post Reply Post Reply
oh... my... god.... i just verified for myself..... why are things so expensive in canada!?!?!?!??!
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd always assumed that everyone hates Canadians.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
I am trialing a dreamstation at the moment and was given a second hand series 50 Philips, probably 5-6 years difference. The main difference I have found in the newer dreamstation is smoother to breath on, its quieter, it has more settings for things like different hoses, it has a heated hose and of course the information it gives is more detailed on your sleep results. The dreamstation is certaintly better looking too. Smile
Cheers
Steve
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 76 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 596 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,147 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,021 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 752 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.