Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to clean the tube and mask?
How to clean the tube and mask?
Hello everyone, I am a new comer.

I want to know how you guys clean the tube and mask, alcohol or ozone?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to clean the tube and mask?
dish soap and water Smile sometimes vinegar and water. There are many threads on it... look at the related threads on the bottom of this page, bet there are several there Smile

Welcome

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2015, 01:46 AM)frostfish Wrote: Hello everyone, I am a new comer.

Hi frostfish and welcome to the forum
I use soap and hot water for cleaning, hook the hose to the hot water tap and hang to dry. Having spare is good idea but you'll accumulate some in no time. Never seen any deposit build-ups in the water tank but can be removed with a solution of one part household vinegar to 10 parts water. No such problem using distilled water and dumping after each use

Cleaning masks http://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare-...masks.html
Water tub and tubes http://www.resmed.com/epn/en/healthcare-...ifier.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi frostfish,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wash my hose, mask and water chamber in warm, mild soapy, (Ivory Liquid,) water, once a week and in between times I use a CPAP wipe. Sometimes, when I buy supplies on line, they offer them as a promotional for one cent..
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2015, 01:46 AM)frostfish Wrote: Hello everyone, I am a new comer.

I'm also a new comer - how often do folks clean their tubes? I wipe down my nasal pillow when I think about it, but don't remember ever cleaning the tube. Just typing that sounds disgusting, so I'll wash it out soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day iseeksleep, welcome to Apnea Board. There's no one right answer to this. I clean everything weekly - it's a bit of a Sunday morning ritual. I wash everything in really hot water with ti-tree oil soap (just because it's convenient in the dispenser) then rinse in very hot water and allow to air dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings and welcome aboard!
I have been using cpap for 12 years, and having to clean it every week was a lot of work. Over the years I found vinegar/water in a plastic tub to work well. Use a cup of white vinegar to 3 gallons of water, let it soak all day. Rinse off and dry, and its ready to go. I got a "SoClean 2" a couple months ago and it has cut way down on the hassles. It plugs into the cpap via a tube. You put your mask and teeth guard into it, it comes on based on schedule ... runs for 7 minutes flooding with ozone, blows out the ozone for 2 hours then you are ready to go. That way I get a clean machine every day. No more sinus clogging.
Post Reply Post Reply
I clean my mom's seal on her mask daily. Early on, I was told to clean it weekly. This resulted in unnecessary noises and leaks. If I don't clean it daily, she has even more issues than we are trying to solve now. I can't stress enough how much cleaning the mask seal daily reduced the noises during the night.
Mild dish detergent (unscented) on a warm paper towel, rinse with warm water, shake and air dry. I clean hose, humidity chamber and rest of the mask weekly with the same mild dish detergent. I rinse filter and pat dry in a paper towel. It takes less than 5 minutes to do it all once you get a system going. To clean the hose, I put a couple drops of dish detergent in a tall glass, add water, then pour it into the hose while holding both ends up so the water fills the hose. I fill remainder of hose with running water from the faucet. If you lift one end of hose higher, the water will push itself out. Then, I fill hose with non-soapy water to rinse it out a couple times. I hang the hose to dry but it never dries completely like that. When filter is dry, I attach hose to machine and turn it on. The air blow dries the hose in about 15 mins.
I use distilled water in the humidity chamber and haven't seen any build-up so have not used vinegar but it was suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 105 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 221 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 471 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Q-tube View 0 194 02-04-2024, 01:35 PM
Last Post: View
  CPAP pillow that works for forehead mount tube? marylee 7 450 02-04-2024, 12:03 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Airsense 10 Clean And Recondition scowell 5 449 01-14-2024, 08:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.