Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to keep your mask on all night
How to keep your mask on all night
I have been using my machine for 4 years now , and I still find it impossible  to keep my mask on all through night , is there something I can do?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to keep your mask on all night
Hello, and welcome to Apnea Board. If you could show us some data via the free OSCAR reporting tool, we can try to help out. What does data have to do with mask removal? It could be the pressure is too low, causing air starvation. I think you say you're on pressure of 12 as showing in your left panel user info, indicating this is straight CPAP. If not a low pressure issue, it may be less than ideal therapy, allowing too many events to occur, and causing discomfort. The body then may decide to rip off the offending mask. And it also could be the mask itself. It could be on too tight causing pain and discomfort. Just a few things to consider.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the Apnea Board.

In general, we are pretty good at finding solutions, but we differ from many other forums in that we like to evaluate data to remove guessing.  That data typically comes from OSCAR, Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter.  It is MUCH easier to interpret than Rescan

What model of AirSense 10 do you have, there are four?

Read the Mask Primer, see my signature, and see if anything hits you as I need to try that, simply because you mention pulling your mask off.
1. Verify the fit of your mask.
Be aware of the two main issues with masks are, in no particular order,
1.a. They are fit too tight, find the manufactures video for your mask and watch it.
1.b. It is the wrong mask for you, it just doesn't match your face, it doesn't fit (So frequently it is applied too tight) and will not fit.

Most importantly post your daily OSCAR charts per the organize and attach links in my signature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You I will try that , the mask is a bit too tight .
warm regards roger D
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 242 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 320 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  Can't keep mask on all night emash124 4 576 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.