Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] How to open an F&P Icon?
How to open an F&P Icon?
Hi All,

A bit over a year ago, my F&P Icon died. It was time for a new machine anyway (another Icon since I really like it), but I still kept the corpse (I'm a pack rat).
I found it again while cleaning out my office today, and on a whim googled "F&P Icon not working". Found a few pages where people described the exact same failure mode I experienced (after unplugging (for travel), it took the machine increasingly longer to turn on when plugged in (on the order of 1...3 hrs), until it finally died for good).
Supposedly it's "a known problem with a capacitor on the power supply board being sensitive to moisture". I feel quite comfortable debugging a power supply board, if I can get to it - and there's my problem.

I opened it up (removed the base plate) but that's as far as I was able to get. I think I should be able to pull the rest of the case upwards and off the guts, but can't seem to be able to. There are a few plastic clips on the left and right side that seem to hold everything together, but even after unlatching those I couldn't make any progress.

Has any gearhead here taken theirs apart yet, and can give me a hint?

Thanks much!

Ron
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to open an F&P Icon?
I found nothing with a quick google and youtube, If all the screws are out, it would be the plastic clips (that always break on me) When you work it out you could post a video on youtube for lots of other F&P guys.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: How to open an F&P Icon?
Hi absolutscharf,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully, you can figure out the rest of the way into your machine, and that you are able to fix it once you get in there.
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,075 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  String of open airway events vinegarben 34 3,896 02-16-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,313 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 338 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 847 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,584 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya
  Can you open your mouth with CPAP and have no mouth leak? THEVGE 4 711 09-11-2023, 06:06 AM
Last Post: THEVGE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.