Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Continous Air Flow with mask removed
Continous Air Flow with mask removed
My machine continues to blow air at full force after I remove my mask. The flow would stop after maybe 10 seconds in the past but now the only way to stop the flow is to turn the machine off.
I have the machine set to start when I put on the mask. I change the air filter every 30 days and all of the insides that I can inspect look clean. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Continous Air Flow with mask removed
Verify Smartstart is on and your machine starts by detecting breathing. When removing your mask, if the machine does not shut-down, try removing the hose from the mask to create a fully open circuit. If the machine will not shut down with air flowing directly from the tube, it may be a malfunction in the machine sensors, and you will either have to manually control the machine or discuss repair with your supplier.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smartstart was on so I turned it off, ran the machine with the power switch, turned Smartstart back on and it worked three times. Will see if it continues. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course! Aside from my hammer, my favorite tool is to turn it off and turn it back on. I should have been on top of this one. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Still working.
Post Reply Post Reply
Gotta love it when things still work.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't use smartstart since I don't want my APAP starting while I am still adjusting my headset/mask.

Just before getting into bed, I  connect the hose to the mask.

When I am in bed, I reach over an push the "on" button on top of my ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset.

Then it is goodnight to the world.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 5 55 7 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Awoken by air flow? ReclaimingMySleep 8 238 41 minutes ago
Last Post: ReclaimingMySleep
  [CPAP] Adjusting for flow limitations jane2911 10 305 03-25-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: jane2911
  [Equipment] HELP - BIPAP-ST Restricting Inhalation/Exhalation Air Flow / Tidal Volume PAPPER101 3 110 03-24-2024, 09:29 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  flow limitations acceptable levels yankees123 27 1,608 03-23-2024, 02:41 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 142 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.