Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Humidifier,Pressure,VS.
Humidifier,Pressure,VS.
Using Philips Bipap since a yr now, throat was getting dry so doctor advised to use humidifier.
Q1) Using humidifier since last 6 months, Recently water is getting collected inside the pipe when using humidifier. why is water getting collected? afraid that water will enter the nose from the pipe. everyday night i fill up water because no leftover water in the morning.
Q2) Pressure set to (Max IPap)25-(Min Epap)5, but receiving only 15-5, unable to breathe at times. Doctor gave few nasal drops n told to skip the machine for few days.

Below is my recent reading:
CA: 1.3
OA: 9.2
H: 1.6
FL: 0.8
VS: 18.1
RE: 1.1
AHI :12.1

Q3) VS (vibratory snore) value is bothering me, what precaution to take to bring the VS down??
Please give your expert guidance should i change any settings, or am I missing something. 

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier,Pressure,VS.
Hi AntonyF,
It sounds like your humidity setting could be too high. Try lowering it and also incorporate using a hose cover to help prevent rainout.

As far as pressure settings, I think your Epap of 5 may be too low. Are you able to download the OSCAR software? If you can post a screenshot of the daily page, we can get a much better idea of what is going on.
Follow the links in my signature line for guidance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are on a BiLevel, what is you PS set at, especially the min PS?
Post Reply Post Reply
Antony, an inexpensive fleece hose cover can help prevent condensation in the tube. Also it is important to route the tube up from the machine so any water that accumulates can flow back. It is easy to tie the tube off to a hook on the wall or your headboard. Finally, the System One and Dreamstation BiPAP can use a heated tube if desired. What model BiPAP do you have?

It is important with the Philips Respironics BiPAP to optimize the EPAP min setting. It must be as high as your current median EPAP pressure and should be about your 90% pressure. The Philips is too slow to increase pressure to prevent events, and your obstructive apnea index shows you need higher EPAP. I encourage you to download OSCAR and use the SD card to upload data and post it to the forum. Instructions are in my signature Links for Organizing Data and Posting Attachments.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,

Thanks for ur reply..

Im using Philips Respironics Bipap Auto(IN761S), my average 90% EPAP is between 10 to 13(data from Encore Basic software), should I be setting my min EPAP to 10?

Please check the attachments, n let me know ur views.

Thanks!

Hi Bonjour,

Thanks for your query.

Now min EPAP is 5 and max IPAP is 25.

Regards.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi OpalRose,

Thanks for ur reply,

Ok I'll try to reduce the settings of humidifier.
Yes I have downloaded the software, attaching the report SS, let me know if u want more readings of the report.
Please let me know ur views.

Thanks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Could you let us know from the statistics on the left sidebar what your median and 90% Epap is?  This is where I would start moving the Epap pressure to as 5 seems too low.  I will however defer to whatever SleepRider and/or Bonjour thinks.  

Also, I see many Obstructives that may be caused from a positional sleep problem.  It appears that you are tucking your chin to your chest which can cut off your air supply.  The use of either a chin strap or a soft cervical collar usually solves that issue.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please have a look at attached SS. Kindly give ur feedback.

Thanks for ur time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonjour,

I cross checked the PS values on report, min PS is 2 n max PS is 5.50

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 364 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 254 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 904 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 509 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 427 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,238 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.