Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Humidifier filler
RE: Humidifier filler
RC Model airplane fuel tanks heed to be filled with some very interesting plumbing needs. Pressure relief, then pressurized, check valves, filled, sealed for leaks, and drained. All with the tank locked inside the fuselage.

You might find some local hobby shops or there many internet options as well. You can get both hand crank and electric systems with all the surgical tubing needed.

I am thinking drilling a 1/4 in hole any where in the tank, then attaching the filler hardware. To fill, simply insert the filling tube into tank, fill, remove filling tube. Just like putting gas in your car and replacing the cap when full. All with out removing the tank.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea, but watch for bugs growing...
Post Reply Post Reply
Hit a hydroponic or tropical fish store for a small in line shutoff
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a quick question here... don't you need to boil the water first because of the Legionella bacteria in the water? Or do you have chlorinated water (yuck!)?
Here in Sweden I need to boil the water before using it in the humidifier. So I keep it in small glass containers in the fridge after the boil to always have some available.

Just to clarify most places in Sweden have better water in their taps then bottled water. Where I live the water is naturally sand filtered from a river. No chlorine needed. However Legionella might live in the water pipes. So to be absolutely sure I need to boil it before use in a humidifier. There is a rule that all hot water systems need to keep at least 80'C also because of this.
You can't get Legionnaires' disease by drinking the water. Only way is in water mist. (For more info see: wikipedia, search for: Legionella).
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the condition of hysteria is a prerequisite.

Tap water is fine...no boiling or filtration.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bob
Where did you get your brass fitting? What is it called?
How does it fasten air and water tight to the tank?

I plan to feed it using a garden sprayer, pump up the sprayer, press the button,fill to level. No worries about backflow with that arrangement.
Thanks for your help as that airsense reservoir is not user filling friendly.
Tom in Indiana
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2017, 10:24 AM)MaErl Wrote: ...
You can't get Legionnaires' disease by drinking the water. Only way is in water mist. (For more info see: wikipedia, search for: Legionella). ...

More precisely, according to the Centers for Disease control:
Quote:How It Spreads
After Legionella grows and multiplies in a building water system, that contaminated water then has to spread in droplets small enough for people to breathe in. People can get Legionnaires’ disease when they breathe in small droplets of water in the air that contain the bacteria.

Less commonly, people can get Legionnaires’ disease by aspiration of drinking water. This happens when water “goes down the wrong pipe,” into the trachea (windpipe) and lungs instead of the digestive tract. People at increased risk of aspiration include those with swallowing difficulties.

In general, people do not spread Legionnaires’ disease and Pontiac fever to other people. However, this may be possible in rare cases.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Love your solution. Have to tell you about one that I saw for a guy who needed more than the 380 ml nightly. He takes an empty IV bag and fills it with water. Then using a new drip set, attaches it more or less like your setup and then sets the drip so that it is quite slow. His water never runs out now. He washes out all the equipment once a week. He says he has to replace the IV bag about every 3 uses, but, it's a never ending supply, so not a problem. You just have to remember to stop the drip in the morning or your unit will likely overflow while you are gone for the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I love that solution! Simple, foolproof, nothing to break. I wish I could write software like that.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 699 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 417 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 330 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,128 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 313 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 762 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 505 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.