Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Humidifier on Remstar Auto A-Flex CPAP machine
Question 
Humidifier on Remstar Auto A-Flex CPAP machine
I have an older style Remstar Auto A-Flex CPAP machine with the optional humidifier. I like the humidifier and think it improves the comfort of my sleep and how I feel when I wake up. I was getting water in my line from condensation that was irritating so I purchased an add-on heated hose that keeps the tube warm so water won't condense inside it. I really like the setup now.

I am curious about one thing on the humidifier and I can't seem to find any answers in the CPAP manual or clinicians manual for my machine.

What is this little doohickey on the top of the humidifier that is like a little rectangular cup with a slot in it? Is there something that can be put in the cup or something? It's got a little icon that looks like steam coming from it. Anyone have any ideas?

I tried to post an image but the forum software says I cannot post links or images.

--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier on Remstar Auto A-Flex CPAP machine
Hi vivaldi and welcome
I don't use PR machine but just saying 'hello'. would bump the post to the top and might get some responses from folks who use this machine
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi zonk. I would like to be able to just post a picture of what I am talking about so folks could just guess at what it is. Maybe other humidifiers have a similar feature.

Thanks!

--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi vivaldi,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your question and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not really in a big hurry. I've had the machine for four years now, but only been compliant for a little over one month. My inner engineer is just curious what the purpose of this little rectangular cup could be.
--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Which machine is it, M series or System One
Post Reply Post Reply
It's the M-series. Right above the water level indicator when you flip up the lid there is a little cup that looks like it's meant to hold something or serve some purpose. I was just curious what it is.

R3B Chamber Kit, Part Number 1003758
--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Edit: its the water tank

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you mean the rectangular cup-like thing on the top of the chamber? The one with the slot in it? No idea, but does this picture help?

[attachment=1831]
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2015, 06:51 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Do you mean the rectangular cup-like thing on the top of the chamber? The one with the slot in it? No idea, but does this picture help?

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. That thing at the back of the machine. It has a little icon on it that looks like 3 parallel squiggly lines.

I was just curious what that was for if anything.

Maybe just a way to grip the machine to pull it out of the humidifier unit.

--
Vivaldi
Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,403 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 110 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 373 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 228 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 264 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 154 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 190 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.