Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Hurricane dryer
Hurricane dryer
I'm trying to find the right cleaning routine that works for me (I'm on week three of apap therapy). I've read about the various approaches to equipment cleaning on this forum, and I fall into the clean freak category. I'm not comfortable with simple air drying, as it takes so long. In my mind, anything could be growing in those droplets of water as they oh so slowly evaporate. I'm not the type to swing the hose over my head. It might make for an interesting youtube video, but, no. I also am not wild about "blowing out" my freshly cleaned tubing and mask using my apap machine - aside from wear and tear on an expensive piece of equipment, I need to get on with my day. Remembering to check to see if everything is dry after a certain amount of time is not practical for me.

So, I am reluctantly (yikes, the cost!) considering purchasing the Hurricane dryer. I realize that it is basically a souped-up hair dryer on a timer, but, it appears to be a very nicely packaged, extremely convenient hair dryer/timer combination.

There were little snippets of comments about the Hurricane scattered through the forum, but I didn't see any in-depth reviews of it. For those who have used it for some time, would you please relate your experiences with it for me? Any reliability issues? Any annoying quirks? If you had it to do over again, would you purchase it again?

Thanks!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Hurricane dryer
There are reviews on Amazon. Not my kind of thing, but looks perfect for what you describe.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi AirPlease,
I have one of those dryers and like it very much. There are two different models one for home use and one for sleep labs, I have the smaller one for home use but I hav thought about getting the larger model if I meed to buy another one, but this one works well for me and I would get another one again.
I hope this helps you in your decision.
Good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi trish,
Just wondering, how much can you put in one of these dryers?

Does it hold a 6 foot hose and mask? Can you place a humidifier chamber in it?

Thanks,
Smile

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks interesting. I like the hose fits over the port and gets directly blown into.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It may be better to use centrifugal force as opposed to evaporation since it leaves less deposits in the hose. Evaporation only remove the liquid. Since most users are opposed to a mineral buildup in their humidifier, they no doubt wouldn't want one inside their hose either, what?

Dude
ps. If using blown through air, be sure you are blowing well filtered air through the hose. Hair dryers, vacuum cleaners and garage air compressors are pretty much off limits. Cleaning done wrong isn't cleaning, it's called re-contaminating. Over cleaning may also be defined as over-damaging. You can carry anything too far. I clean my hose once a month, if I think about it. Usually I think about it ever 3 months. Wink I think ResMed recommends once a week but I suspect they're practicing overly cautious risk management.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mini-dishwaster and dryer - CPAP style PaulaO2 3 1,222 07-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross Resmed 9 full face mask hurricane gusts! Release the Hounds 4 2,204 01-11-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Rob S
  Hurricane CPAP Dryer Regular Joe 4 3,974 01-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Regular Joe
  generator for hurricane season greatunclebill 21 11,062 06-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.