Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I'm getting a new machine --some questions
I'm getting a new machine --some questions
I'm getting a ResMed S9 VPAP S as an upgrade from my S8 machine.
Yeah!

I'm curious what size and speed category SD Card is used.
I have a number of SD cards from 2GB to 32 GB and some are cat4 SDHC and some are cat2.

Plus, what format? NTFS or Fat32 or?
I think my computer can only format these cards as FAT32.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm getting a new machine --some questions
G'day Mongo

Congrats on the upgrade! The card in my VPAP Adapt is a Resmed branded 2Gb. I don't know what the speed rating is, but it is formatted to FAT32. I think it's probably preferable to let the machine format the card, rather than doing it in the computer. Similar to some digital cameras, there can occasionally be issues with computer-formatted cards. (Apparently Win 8.1 is extremely problematic in this regard). I always lock the card before inserting into the computer, so that only my PAP machine ever writes to it.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the difference in ResMed S9 VPAP S and Resmed S9 VPAP Auto? Congrats on your new machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi justMongo,
CONGRATULATIONS on your new machine.
My cards are 2gb.
I think they store plenty of data.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2014, 11:45 PM)me50 Wrote: What is the difference in ResMed S9 VPAP S and Resmed S9 VPAP Auto? Congrats on your new machine!

As I understand it, the VPAP S maintains a constant (pre-set) IPAP and EPAP while the VPAP Auto can adjust these automatically. It's like the difference between an Elite and AutoSet.

http://www.resmed.com/us/products/vpap_s...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 12:03 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-02-2014, 11:45 PM)me50 Wrote: What is the difference in ResMed S9 VPAP S and Resmed S9 VPAP Auto? Congrats on your new machine!

As I understand it, the VPAP S maintains a constant (pre-set) IPAP and EPAP while the VPAP Auto can adjust these automatically. It's like the difference between an Elite and AutoSet.

http://www.resmed.com/us/products/vpap_s...nc=dealers
Perhaps I should be getting the Auto -- not too late to change.

Thanks all for the info on SD cards. Sounds like a 2GB cat 2 card will work. I'm running Windows XP SP3 on this computer. I bought this machine in 2009 and paid extra to not have Windows Vista on it.

It's a high end machine with dual drive in RAID mirror, a Q6600 Quad core processor... yada, yada. I'd have to spend about 3 grand for a WIN7 or WIN8 machine with comparable hardware. Then I'd need to find the secret to getting the classical interface on WIN7 or 8.

IMHO: WIN8 with the tiles and touch screen in going to be another Vista -- a flop; except for the kids who don't get the value of a mouse and keyboard.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe I should get the RESMED VPAP AUTO.
It can be set to BiPAP S mode. But has the flexibility to be switch to auto.

(An AUTOSET is an inferior machine as far as flexibility, correct?)
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 07:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: I believe I should get the RESMED VPAP AUTO.

The VPAP machines allow a different pressure to be set for inhalation and expiration (IPAP and EPAP). With the Autoset, you set the IPAP only, with a maximum expiration relief (EPR) of 3. So if you're operating at a high pressure, the VPAP will enable you to have a far more comfortable time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the new machine Smile

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 08:02 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(02-03-2014, 07:34 AM)justMongo Wrote: I believe I should get the RESMED VPAP AUTO.

The VPAP machines allow a different pressure to be set for inhalation and expiration (IPAP and EPAP). With the Autoset, you set the IPAP only, with a maximum expiration relief (EPR) of 3. So if you're operating at a high pressure, the VPAP will enable you to have a far more comfortable time.

I do not know for sure about the S9 machines but my S8 VPAP Auto 25 will operate in the following modes:
CPAP
Auto
S(Spontaneous)
S/T (Spontaneous/Timed)
T (Timed)

So it is quite adaptable to one's needs.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 163 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 272 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 267 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 309 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 467 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,212 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  My treatment fun. Questions. robbob2112 15 1,602 10-26-2023, 10:19 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.