Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I'm going to the Zonk tank
I'm going to the Zonk tank
6 months on the S9 standard tank with aluminum bottom is now showing its age. So, I'm going to mate the stainless steel bottom from a 3 piece tank to the top of a standard tank.

Thanks to Zonk, I think it's one of the best tank solutions I've heard.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I'm going to the Zonk tank
any pictures of the mating? Was it successful ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to go ... I should be expecting royalties anytime soon Rolling laugh

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 04:36 PM)zonk Wrote: Way to go ... I should be expecting royalties anytime soon Rolling laugh

[Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

I'll send you a photo of the offspring...

Wanted to make sure you got credit for the idea; it's a great idea.

[Image: King.gif]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I hope you like the results. I got mine used and popped it apart to clean, For the last 10 months of using distilled water and drying every day it still looks like new or I would be looking into the serviceable model.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk,

No royalties (other than maybe a t-shirt) but at least it is named after you.......The Zonk Tank. Sounds like the next step up from a Sherman Tank. Rolling laugh

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I hate to say this...... BUT what the heck are you guys talking about? How about some pictures for us lay people?
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Like mongo said the original H5i humidifier for the S9 has an aluminum bottom and a plastic top that is made to snap on once when it's made. Now they have a washable 3 part unit that you can take apart and he must be morphing the old top on to the new version bottom? Not sure what the advantage is against the whole new version but some times a fella needs to build something because he can. Clear as mud I'm sure. Maybe a better mouse trap!
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that's it.... he said something about aluminum and stainless, so maybe the 3 piece is stainless and the old one is plastic and aluminum?? I donno know that is why I asked. Maybe someone will just post up some pictures and f_ll in t_e bl_nk_ for us Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cheapo tank is two piece. Plastic top and aluminum bottom. Their "dishwasher safe" tank is 3 piece: Stainless steel bottom, plastic top, and a 3rd plastic part that has the level indication. You just take the top from the type 1 tank and put it on the stainless steel bottom of the type 2 tank, omitting the 3rd plastic part. So, you ask, "Why not just use the type 3 tanks as it comes?" There is no reason for the 3rd part except to hold the water level scale (which is also why, if you omit part 3, you cannot use the type two tank top.) One is creating a type 1 tank with a stainless bottom.

Zonk Tank:
[Image: Ontos.jpg]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  leaking water tank ( Airsense 10) migos 2 520 09-16-2023, 06:21 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [CPAP] ResMed A10 small particles in distilled water in humidifier tank GuitarRebel 24 4,948 08-29-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  CSpring Water Tank PAPAstro 7 1,932 08-28-2023, 01:53 PM
Last Post: car54
  Humidity set to 0, no water in tank. Is this ok to do? JohnReam 5 884 09-27-2022, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to quickly dry hose and tank after washing in bucket? pkersey 12 1,656 09-05-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  pink residue in humidifier tank hegel 12 23,058 08-10-2022, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  DS1 and DS2 - Are the Filters and Humidity Tank Interchangeable? brianc18t 2 732 04-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Last Post: DaveCar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.