Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I need a new mask
Question 
I need a new mask
You'd think that after using a CPAP for almost a score of years, I'd not have any problem selecting a new nasal pillow mask. Just goes to show you what happens as we get older! oldman

So, does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions, etc?

PS. I could have put this question into a survey/poll, but didn't want to have to list all of the nasal pillow masks that are currently available. Whistle

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I need a new mask
By this post I assume either your old regular is no longer made, or, you want/hope for something better? How about telling us what you feel are the short-comings of your current mask?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
A problem with the back-strap on the Aloha cropped up this week (see http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...1#pid86721) . And I'd like to try something newer than the Optilife that I've used for years.

A full beard kinda precludes anything other than nasal pillow masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please be sure to let us know how it turns out? I don't use pillows so can't be much help - but at least you got noticed Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
For goodness sakes do not go with a P10. Dielaughing Just kidding. As I am sure you are aware, a lot of vociferous people seem to like that mask.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, please don't anyone else start buying Airfit P10's -- there might not be enough of them for me Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
If you want a non-adjustable, minimalistic headgear with a Swift FX pillows that have a diffuser to lessen the noise of the air from the vent, then try the P10.

If you want a slightly more adjustable, minimalistic headgear with pillows that sit mostly on the outside of your nostril vs go inside, try the Nuance.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
P10 despite Paula02 hating!

Also, I have been looking at the Pilario Q (spelling?) I am starting to think I'd like to try that one as well. It really looks nice like the P10 and it has a swivel something I am not crazy about missing on my P10. And to make Paula02 happy it comes with 2 YES TWO sets of headgear. One that will make her happy, and one that will make me happy. One of those two might even make you happy!

How's that for a no poll!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just switched to the Nuance Pro Gel mask having come from over a decade using the 'Breeze' mask. OMG what a difference. The Breeze was always leaking, and pads 'melting' and sore nostrils. I looked at the Nuance, and thought, how could this minimalistic soft flimsy mask possibly work...
Well it does ! Light weight, and not hard parts means I can roll to my side without pressing hard metal or plastic into the side of my face. I adjust it so that it has very light pressure on the nose, and it doesn't leak at all, even with my tossing and turning with a heavy heated hose. Also, it's quiet, and the exhaust airflow is diffused so it doesn't blow in a stream towards your partner.

YMMV

M
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a bit like asking what kind of shoe is most comfortable.

I had to toughen up my nose gradually when I went from ComfortGel nasal to Swift FX, but now, I could wear my Swift FX all day.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,631 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,311 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,873 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,111 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,448 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,882 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,601 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.