Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I think my new S9 VPAP Auto is broken
I think my new S9 VPAP Auto is broken
Got it from a supplier on the list (Nummer zwei). Zero hour machine.
I set it to S mode (That's a standard fixed bilevel mode) and my Rx parameters.
First night, slept 8 hours on it, reported an AHI of 2.0
I upped the IPAP and EPAP by 1 cm-H2O and had 3 consecutive nights of zero apnea events reported. Well, once is luck, three times is questionable.
Looking at the fine flow graphs on a 30 second scale, I see the flow has stopped for at least 20 seconds. That should score an event. But, it doesn't. I've power cycled the machine.

If I get another zero night report, should I approach the seller about a swap?

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I think my new S9 VPAP Auto is broken
It is worth having a discussion with them about the situation. Watching your reports of zero events I was pleased for you, yet concerned because I'm thinking it would be a little rare for the machines to not pick up something, even if it was just a false reading.

In the meantime, you know the machine is working even if it has a reporting problem. So enjoy it. But if it were mine I believe I would be talking to my supplier about an exchange. They should be willing to provide you with a new machine before you send back the old one if you are willing to give them a credit card number as security.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,480 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 628 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 327 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 663 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 357 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 625 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,078 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.