Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I want to buy a BIPAP machine and i need some help choosing one
RE: I want to buy a BIPAP machine and i need some help choosing one
Sleep rider I don’t believe the vauto has the auto ramp feature.  I think that is only available on the autoset versions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it does 

from page 8 of the VAuto clinician manual 

Quote:Comfort features Ramp Designed to make the beginning of treatment more comfortable, ramp is available in all modes. In VAuto, S, ST and T modes the ramp functions as follows:

The EPAP gradually increases from the Start EPAP to the prescribed treatment pressure. Throughout Ramp, Pressure Support is maintained at the same level as that set for treatment. In CPAP mode, the pressure increases from a low pressure (Start Pressure) to the prescribed treatment pressure. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Gideon, I also have the Resmed vauto and while you can set a ramp with time and specific start pressure it doesn’t have the auto ramp like the autoset.  Unless I am missing something.
Post Reply Post Reply
So much info to digest . Thanks for all the support everyone has shown so far.
I am kind of inclining towards the second supplier posted on that thread since many people recommended it , will have to inquire about the kind of fees i will have to pay if i order it from there .
I saw that RayBee also got a mask from them so im guessing i can also order a mask from them to fit the device .

Any advices for a Full Face M Mask ? Should i try walk in shops in hopes i can test fit one before buying the size i need ? But towards which models should i look towards if i can ?
Post Reply Post Reply
Look on Supplier #1's website. They list the popularity of various masks. The assumption is that the more popular masks work for more people.

That said, we are all unique individuals, with different facial features. What works for me, or anyone else, may or may not work for you. Masks must be tried on, order pressure and in sleeping position.

You may want to reread the Mask Primer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-05-2021, 04:33 PM)SleepingForest Wrote: I saw that RayBee also got a mask from them so im guessing i can also order a mask from them to fit the device .  

Any advices for a Full Face M Mask ? Should i try walk in shops in hopes i can test fit one before buying the size i need ? But towards which models should i look towards if i can ?

You can also read reviews on many different masks on the CPAP Mask Review Forum section. Look at the number of views which might give somewhat of an indication of popularity. However you should also consider the date of original post (as in the date associated with Post Number 1 of each thread) in your "popularity" evaluation.

If you settle on a particular mask, look on the websites of the different Suppliers for your best price. Keep notes on that particular mask and mention that along with the price to whoever you decide to purchase a PAP machine from. I believe when I bought my ASV from Supplier #2, the price quote was from a supplier not on the list. It was a ridiculously low price. I believe I was on hold briefly while they checked the validity of my price quote, then they checked to see if they would be able to match it. The nice woman I spoke with came back with a "yes". I then asked about purchasing the Hose Elbow part number 37394 and she threw that in for free. They are only $6 US or so though. Suffice it to say I had a wonderful experience with them.

Please keep us posted.  Eat-popcorn

BTW... Welcome to the ApneaBoard.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
I like my Fisher and Paykel Vitera full face as it's comfortable and I don't need a torque wrench to snug it down to obtain minimal leaks.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update . All my plans have gone up in flames Smile) .

Despite the recommendations for a Resmed device, I've brought a Dreamstation DSX700H11 ( 780 euro ) at the start of the month, because it was more affordable for me.
Brought an F20 Resmed mask to go with it ( i tested it with pressure at the supplier and now im concerned about the 18/14 pressure my doctor recommended me because at 14 i could hardly exhale ). And was browsing cleaning and disinfectant solutions ( nice controversy about ozone... ) ...

And the Foampocalipse came and Philips recalled their products, i did get my money back but im back to square one now... with extra anxiety and distrust of the machines on top of that.

Now I'm hovering again over my options about what i can afford since even getting a doctors appointment here in Romania seems to be something " miraculous " because the doctor only takes visits if he wants ( covered by my insurance, since out of my poket it would cost me like over 400 euro ).
All this endeavor is out of my own pocket so im triple questioning my every decision if its the right one... so bear with me please for being stingy.

Looking at some auto machines for now since the pressure was insane when i tested the mask and im hoping an auto would be easier to adjust to me, hoping, maybe ... just maybe i can get a good night sleep soon.

- New - Drive DeVilbiss BiPAP SleepCube AutoBilevel DV57 - priced at 1060 euro.
- New - Resmed AirCurve 10 PaveWave ASV - priced at 1730 euro ( also imported but no extra taxes, sketchy seller since the pictures are for VAuto model )
- Used @ 5000 hours - RESMED Aircurve 10 Vauto - priced at 670 euro ( the number of hours on it makes this a hard choice to make and it was aslo cleaned with ozone at least once )
- Used < 2000 hours - RESMED Aircurve 10 Vauto from Supplier #2 - priced at 1100+ $ (taxes 24% + Import taxes ??? /// price went up and im hesitant about ordering from abroad )

Still looking around for what i can afford and all the Philips problems did not give me much confidence in what to buy and when.

Any thoughts ?
Post Reply Post Reply
The VAuto. The previous recommendations still stand.
Post Reply Post Reply
And any thoughts between the 2k hours vs 5k hours ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 253 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 805 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,155 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Got Bipap instead of prescribed ResMed Autoset machine. Please help me get going. marvin2023 2 548 10-10-2023, 07:26 PM
Last Post: marvin2023
Sad [Treatment] Need help/advise after changing BiPAP Machine dnar82 6 712 09-29-2023, 06:59 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Can I use Bipap Machine for Cpap Julia63 8 688 09-21-2023, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.