Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] I will pass mask test on Resmed if I cover the vent holes
I will pass mask test on Resmed if I cover the vent holes
I have the airfit F30i and when I have my mask on, and I perform the mask fit test, it will pass and give me the green happy face if I cover the vent holes on the mask with my finger. I am not leaking on my face. If I remove my finger from the vent holes, it will give me an unhappy red face. I know the holes are to remove the ugly carbon gas so I don't get asphyxiated but I can't pass the test otherwise and my cpap just blows as if I need air. All the air is leaving out the vent.

Please help. I looked for this problem in the forum but didn't find it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: I will pass mask test on Resmed if I cover the vent holes
Do you have the mask type on the CPAP set to "full face" as described in the mask user guide?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2023, 12:13 AM)fly by night Wrote: Do you have the mask type on the CPAP set to "full face" as described in the mask user guide?

Yes. I tried it with both nasal and full mask but the outcome is the same. Hose and mask is new. I have three masks and none of them fit my face. I use the size card and it tells me I have the right size. I woke up this morning and my face hurts from strapping it so tight. It looks rubbed raw. I'm about to give up. I've been trying for 3 months with different masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep in mind that too tight can be just as bad as too loose. 
The mask should just kind of float on your face when you're at pressure. Take a look at this mask fit info and see if anything helps. 

How to achieve the perfect mask fit - GUARANTEED! | Apnea Board
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
I understand. I am doing a mask fit test and will only get the green smiley face after fiddling with it for an hour and tightening it like I’m heading to the gallows for a hanging. If I loosen any, when the pressure on the test hits 15, it just blows the mask nearly off my face and I get the red unhappy face. When I tighten it to the death grip tight, it will stay in place but I will only get the green happy face if I cover the vent on the mask. I wish I could use nasal pillows but I breath out of my mouth. I’m thinking of trying dental guard that locks the mouth shot and then use a nasal pillow mask.  I’ll try anything. I appreciate input.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 17,007 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 166 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,678 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,548 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 158 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 262 03-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 160 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.