Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ISO Compatible USB Card Reader for Phillips Respironics M-Series
HELP.

I need to find a compatible card reader with a USB attachment for an older M-series Phillips Respironics machine.

It uses the Encore SmartCard data card.

Does anyone know of a compatible card reader? All I seems to find are credit card readers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 12:42 PM)literatec Wrote: HELP.

I need to find a compatible card reader with a USB attachment for an older M-series Phillips Respironics machine.

It uses the Encore SmartCard data card.

Does anyone know of a compatible card reader? All I seems to find are credit card readers.

Most people will say get a new cpap machine that is compatible with Sleepyhead but don't realize that it is just not that easy sometimes.

The reader you need is a Mako DT3500 SmartCard Reader. Some times refered to as a Mako Infineer DT3500.

If you check the Supplier list Link on the Menu bar, multiple suppliers carry it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi literatec,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and I hope you can find a solution to your problem.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

I just started with card reading, but the card reader that came on my laptop reads my Resmed S9 card. Another card reader actually does not. Did you try any regular card readers?
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Slipsleep. Welcome to Apnea Board.

The S9 uses a standard SD card, same as found in cameras and some other portable devices. The older CPAP machines used a proprietary format card which need a specific card reader. I suspect the OP's machine uses such a proprietary card.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Is Dreamwear Nasal Mask compatible with Resmed S9 ? AlexBW 11 321 5 hours ago
Last Post: AlexBW
  Resmed S10 Airsense vs. Respironics Dream Station Weird Tolkienish Figure 130 48,814 10-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Last Post: tedgreen
  Help with comfort settings Phillips DreamStation Annie66 7 238 10-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  Respironics Dreamstation problems Rimaggio 5 389 09-29-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [split] RESMED OXIMETRY KIT FOR AIRSENSE 10 SERIES storywizard 9 219 09-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Respironics System One BIPAP ST Jeanine 2 176 09-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Respironics AutoSV Faulty? Greggory 5 176 09-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Greggory