Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dream Mapper vs Dream Station 2
Dream Mapper vs Dream Station 2
Dream Station 2 is set for 30 minute ramp at 4.00 pressure.  Dream Mapper shows no ramp, no pressure.  Other readings in
Dream Mapper are as expected.  (Dream Mapper is Android version w. latest updates)

Dream Mapper showed the correct values with Dream Station 1, (which was replaced by the recall.)

A bug in DS or DM?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dream Mapper vs Dream Station 2
I have no idea what the summary software shows, but with a minimum pressure of 4.0, why are you also using ramp? What is your median or average pressure and event rates? The Philips CPAPs are not very good at preventing events when set to 4-20 pressure, and you need to start moving the minimum up towards your average or 90% actual therapy pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here, my ramp is enabled 15min@4.0, but DreamMapper indicates it 'Off' and ramp time '0 mins'. It was set off in my DS1, so I don't know for sure if it would have registered with the DS1. Min/Max pressures set at 8-20. I'm not too concerned as everything else appears OK.

I went through the settings in the menu and recorded most of what they were that seemed important. The settings can be changed remotely and I wanted a base reference if I suspected something may be different. Not a lot for settings in there that can be changed by the user. My old DS1 seemed to have much more for settings, but that also had added flexibility to be used for BiPAP as well I believe. I did change patient controls and data to be 'ON' as it was off by default.
[Image: PvXhs78.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
"I have no idea what the summary software shows, but with a minimum pressure of 4.0, why are you also using ramp? What is your median or average pressure and event rates? The Philips CPAPs are not very good at preventing events when set to 4-20 pressure, and you need to start moving the minimum up towards your average or 90% actual therapy pressure. "

30 minutes @4.00 was the default value when I first  turned on DS2.  As I recall, it was also the setting I had on DS1 for years.

Hoping to see a sleep doc in a month or two along w. my usb card from the machine.

Thanks for your suggestion
Post Reply Post Reply
On Oct. 31 I wrote Philips about the mismatch in ramp readings between DreamStation2 and DreamMapper. (Android 2.28.0)

Today, Nov. 17, I received this reply from Philips:

Currently the ramp information is not showing in DreamMapper with DreamStation 2 machines.  This will be corrected with the next release of DreamMapper but I do not have an ETA at this time.  Your provider is getting the ramp information. 

If you have other questions or need assistance with anything else, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,
Philips Respironics
DreamMapper Support
DC

Tel: 855-699-6276
M-F 830a to 6p EST
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course you can access the Clinical Menu and edit the settings yourself. I really doubt the doc is too interested in helping dial in your PAP. A few seconds to edit it yourself for free versus a paid office visit, etc. to convince Dr. Dolittle that setting XYZ needs edited, then to send DME a script change, blah blah that burns days of time.

Doc, DME, insurance only care about compliance. As in are you using it. They don't care if you're treated just that you use it.

Anyway best to your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 532 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 437 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Duration Resmed battery Power Station II Asjb 2 729 03-20-2023, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Asjb
Question Dream Station 2 stats sallym 4 760 02-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dream station 2 apap starting therapy above minimum setting HelicopterPilot 7 852 02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
Last Post: HelicopterPilot
  ketanerp - Excessive dream, dizziness and sleep apnea. ketanerp 17 1,771 12-26-2022, 11:19 AM
Last Post: Lucid

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.