Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] "Imported" Resmed Airsense 10
"Imported" Resmed Airsense 10
Just for reference and information.

I am Australian. I live 80km from Resmeds' head office. Because they charge AU$1700 for their Airsense 10, I bought my new Airsense 10 from 1800 CPAP (about AU$770 delivered by Fedex).

So, having the machine delivered (3 days only. Good job 1800CPAP and Fedex), I registered my RESMED machine (in Australia) on the RESMED myAir App, using the RESMED serial and RESMED device numbers on the back of the machine  ... but I simply can't use myAIR unless I register as an AMERICAN, with an AMERICAN machine.

Is it worth the extra $1000 to buy Australian? I think not.

Just be warned that RESMED charge Australians MORE for their equipment than they charge other nationalities, and then make it difficult for those customers to use their "imported" machine to the fullest.

Good job Resmed. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Imported" Resmed Airsense 10
Airsense 10 auto without a mask and 5 years warranty is closer to AU$1400, with a 5 year warranty. You can get one with a mask for under AU$1500.

Australian consumer law is awesome - most other countries don't have anything like it. That's probably what's pushing up the price, and why they give a 5 year warranty, since ACL will likely force them to repair/replace within the expected life of the machine (5 years) regardless of the stated warranty so they might as well advertise 5 years up front and have more customers choose to buy local rather than import.

Many/most private health providers won't pay claims on imported machines. I asked Medibank and they said they wouldn't... so that's $500 back in my case.

It's nice to be able to drive 5 minutes to the local branch of Supplier #22 if we have issues (we had a motor fail in my wife's autoset and had a loan machine the same day and the machine repaired in a couple of weeks). They'll also price match any Australian retail price which has been useful.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're meaning paying an extra $1k or so just to get MyAir to work NO WAY. Save the money and use OSCAR exclusively. It's free!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, I don't think it's as simple as MyAir vs not... Warranty period, cost of shipping should repair/replacement be required (even within warranty period), loan machine availability, ability to claim on insurance, etc, are all factors.

SleepyGreg, out of interest, what was the shipping cost here? What would it cost (shipping wise) to have the unit repaired or replaced?

I have no issues with people buying Grey Imports (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/sales-...el-imports) but everyone will have different considerations and risk appetite.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 362 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,766 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.