Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Inside View of a ResMed S9 CPAP Machine
Information 
Inside View of a ResMed S9 CPAP Machine
Thanks to one of our thoughtful members, (kbeckman) we now have some interesting pictures of the innards of a ResMed S9 series CPAP machine:

Click on this link to see the pictures:

http://www.apneaboard.com/S9/ResMed-S9-inside.htm

If you'd like to see more detail on the pics, just right-click on the pictures and save them to your deskop, then open them up in a picture viewer of some type, then you can zoom in for more details. The pics are somewhat large (over a half a MB each).

Thanks kbeckman!

Great-info
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Inside View of a ResMed S9 CPAP Machine
Which S9?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2013, 06:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Which S9?
the picture date shown 2009 and as the S9 launched sometines in 2010
so its not vpap machines .... vpap machines came out afterwards Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply

Not sure, but I'm hoping kbeckman will answer this. I sent him a PM. Given Zonk's point, it's likely either an AutoSet, Elite or Escape.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

It's an Australian Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
How difficult was it to take apart? I'm thinking of taking apart my Escape to see how they compare. Perhaps the real question is how hard was it to put back together?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I was wondering about the Crystal next to the bottom of the SD Card Slot. I was thinking possibly to assist the Modems they put on them for compliance?
Tim
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Post Reply Post Reply
Wonder what happens when the CR2032 batteries die?

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
Since it is always plugged in, you wouldn't notice a difference. But as soon as you unplugged it, you'd probably lose a lot of data. I would bet data such as hours used are written onto a flash drive and would retain that. It would reset to whatever default is written into the firmware for everything else. I would assume data such as AHI and the like would be lost.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2013, 09:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: How difficult was it to take apart? I'm thinking of taking apart my Escape to see how they compare. Perhaps the real question is how hard was it to put back together?

For me, it was rather easy, but I'm used to taking things like this apart.

I can't recommend to anyone that they take these apart, as this is a medical device.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pimples inside nose cam 4 5,545 50 minutes ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 9 229 7 hours ago
Last Post: Tmjidaho
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,589 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,172 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 250 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 174 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 210 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.