Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Intro! + Rant! + Rage-quit my DME, what should I buy?
RE: Intro! + Rant! + Rage-quit my DME, what should I buy?
(09-06-2019, 09:01 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: What size and color of the DME UnMerry Go Round T-shirt would you like?

Too-funny 

Seriously, I felt like I was in the movie "Brazil".

(09-06-2019, 08:14 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the Apnea Board forums.  we can and will help you.

If you have SleepyHead charts from your first machine we could look at that and better tell you what we think.

If you have a lot of Flow Limitations on your sleepyhead charts that MAY imply that the greater PS capability of the VAuto may be better for you.  If not then the Autoset would be fine.  But here we like to work from data much more than guesses.

Awesome, thanks!  Will post later today.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2019, 08:41 PM)sheepless Wrote: jittery awakenings: I've experienced this in two paradoxical situations.  note that my thinking is just speculation. in one case I believe I had those odd feelings when I experimented with very high pressure.  maybe over ventilation?  the other situation I believe was a case of too much co2.  there was much talk here about the resmed airfit p10 diffuser clogging over time, preventing proper flushing of exhaled co2.  although I washed it fairly regularly, I had not replaced my mask and frame in a couple years at that point.  the shakiness stopped after using a water jet flosser on the mask diffuser.  fwiw, the shakiness felt internal, not visible.

Same "internal" feel, but I'm pretty sure that this wasn't related to the pressure.  As I posted in another reply, I get this jittery feeling fairly often, either just out of the blue, or more commonly like my body's fight-or-flight is overreacting to something trivial.  I think the CPAP was just acting like yet another trigger.

My wife is on meds for anxiety, and her symptoms seem to be closer to what doctors expect... generalized worry and preoccupation with low-probability risks.  Whereas I don't have any anxious thoughts at all about the situation, but my body acts like I do.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, dug up the software, and found a chart from a night where I felt lousy in the morning...

Here's a zoomed version of part of it...
Post Reply Post Reply
Got a solution to try. Your pressures stay low and there is not a lot of obstruction. I’d like to suggest changing minimum pressure to 6.0 and going into comfort settings to add EPR full time at setting 2. This will take you from a pressure that is the same on inhale and exhale, to one that varies by 2-cm. So you will start at 6.0 inhale, 4.0 exhale. Not a huge difference but it should make you a lot more comfortable.

Normally I’d leave it at that, but you have a periodic oscillation of respiratory flow that may be central. Using EPR is going to show us either way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 694 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Some advice with aperia and intro cpap kit ifsmithy 2 324 12-18-2023, 12:42 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 506 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  [Symptoms] Quit Nicotine and AHI and CA are worse ApneaND 0 281 09-23-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: ApneaND
  Day 3 - Intro & Initial Concerns DivaBreather 3 407 09-13-2023, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  New Member Intro and OSCAR charts DaveInDenver 2 460 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Last Post: DaveInDenver
  Rant about insurance, sleep study, and costs Stuff 8 1,180 06-20-2023, 08:37 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.