Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No"
"Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No"
Hi! I've been using the ResMed S9 Elite for a little over 2 years but only recently downloaded and installed the ResScan 4.2 software. The software works perfectly. The problem comes when I put the SD card back in my machine. I get this error message, "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No" If I select "No," the machine won't work if the card is still in place. If I take the card out, the machine works fine.

I want to be able to continue to monitor my data, but I am concerned that if I erase the SD card, I'll lose my historical data. I have downloaded the last year to my PC, so I guess I could start over going forward. It's been about a week since this happened, so I'd like to get back to recording data on the SD card.

Has anyone erased their SD card? Do you have any words of wisdom or tales of woe to share?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No"
(03-16-2013, 10:34 PM)cbpugh Wrote: Has anyone erased their SD card?
Hi cbpugh and welcome to the board

Its common problem with the S9. I've erased the data when the S9 prompt me to do so
[First unplug the machine, wait a while and plug back, put card in machine and see what happen]

As you download the data on your PC, there is no harm erasing the data
The S9 write back on the card up to a year of compliance data and SD card does not store more than 30 days of detailed data

You can try lock the card before put into the card reader (remember to unlock before put in the S9) to prevent anything written on the card

Note, you don,t get detailed data for the days when the card been left out

Post Reply Post Reply
If you've downloaded to the computer, then you have the data there. You could make a folder on your computer and copy everything from the card there then let the machine do whatever.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cbpugh,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What everyone has said so far.
Best of lukc to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2013, 11:19 PM)zonk Wrote: Note, you don,t get detailed data for the days when the card been left out

OMG that's important information (IMHO) that shouldn't be left out.
As I eagerly await acquisition of an S9 AutoSet on Wednesday, if they don't screw me around again, that could easily be a point that I missed.

I don't have enough info on the "Wireless Module" - is it possible to beam signals to my computer or will it only seek out a ResMed server? It might be easier than transferring the SD card all the time if it's possible.
I know there's also the USB connector I can get. I'm just pondering my options.
Post Reply Post Reply
The wireless part is put on by the supplier. It sends them the data so you don't have to. I hate that option.

You won't need a USB cable. All you need is a card reader, one that accepts standard "SD" cards. They are very cheap.

If you leave the card out during the night, you can put the card back in later. You will get AHI events and flow rate and leaks. Nothing else (flow limitation, respiration rate, etc). My laptop is occupied at the moment or I would look at SleepyHead to see what is missing.

The detailed data is only on the card for 7 days. On day 8, the oldest data is replaced. So if you start on Sunday, come the next Sunday night, you lose last Sunday's detailed data. Flaw with ResMed, in my opinion. If you want all the graphs, you have to download at least once a week.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2013, 11:22 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The wireless part is put on by the supplier. It sends them the data so you don't have to. I hate that option.

You won't need a USB cable. All you need is a card reader, one that accepts standard "SD" cards. They are very cheap.

But when you're clumsy like me (I know you're not), moving a piece of plastic not much larger than your thumb makes it easy to lose it. I guess it's better than the MicroSD card in my phone. That too, I find it easier to connect my phone to my computer rather than take out the MicroSD card and switch it back and forth.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2013, 10:34 PM)cbpugh Wrote: Hi! I've been using the ResMed S9 Elite for a little over 2 years but only recently downloaded and installed the ResScan 4.2 software. The software works perfectly. The problem comes when I put the SD card back in my machine. I get this error message, "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No" If I select "No," the machine won't work if the card is still in place. If I take the card out, the machine works fine.

I want to be able to continue to monitor my data, but I am concerned that if I erase the SD card, I'll lose my historical data. I have downloaded the last year to my PC, so I guess I could start over going forward. It's been about a week since this happened, so I'd like to get back to recording data on the SD card.

Has anyone erased their SD card? Do you have any words of wisdom or tales of woe to share?

I've been using my S9 for 6 months now and a similar thing happened to me this weekend. I'm not using any software but just unpluging/repluging seemed to have corrupted something on the card. It was saying cannot read SD card and offering to erase. I checked the card on my computer and noticed a file named 206SY8~1.CRC in the DATALOG directory. I copied all the files to my computer, put back the card in the S9 and agreed to the erase. I then compared with the backup and noticed there was no file with a ~ in the name. I suspect it was some open file that wasn't closed properly. I erased that file from my backup, put everything back on the card and it was back to normal with all the historical data.

Voilà!

Jeff. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
cbpugh--After about a year using my S9 Autoset, I started getting the same SD error message with erase or no question. First, I tried reformatting the card on my PC and when that didn't work tried reformatting the card via the machine itself. It worked for a couple days and then went right back to the error message. Trying a different SD card got me the same error. That's when I suspected the machine. I was able to exchange it for another one and so far so good on the new autoset.
My understanding is that the summary data is stored in the S9 internal memory. So, erasing or reformatting an SD card will not cause that data to be lost. It's my understanding that the S9 stores a year's worth of summary data. Meanwhile, the SD card stores 30 days worth of detailed data.
I hope this and others' replies help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 05:59 PM)JeffD Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 10:34 PM)cbpugh Wrote: Hi! I've been using the ResMed S9 Elite for a little over 2 years but only recently downloaded and installed the ResScan 4.2 software. The software works perfectly. The problem comes when I put the SD card back in my machine. I get this error message, "Invalid SD card erase data? Yes No" If I select "No," the machine won't work if the card is still in place. If I take the card out, the machine works fine.

I've been using my S9 for 6 months now and a similar thing happened to me this weekend. I'm not using any software but just unpluging/repluging seemed to have corrupted something on the card. It was saying cannot read SD card and offering to erase. I checked the card on my computer and noticed a file named 206SY8~1.CRC in the DATALOG directory. I copied all the files to my computer, put back the card in the S9 and agreed to the erase. I then compared with the backup and noticed there was no file with a ~ in the name. I suspect it was some open file that wasn't closed properly. I erased that file from my backup, put everything back on the card and it was back to normal with all the historical data.

Voilà!

Jeff. Smile

Jeff, you hit the nail on the head! Long story short, I couldn't find our external card reader and so did a "two step" copying of the files. First I copied the SD card contents onto my Asus EeePad (built in card reader, Android OS) and then emailed the files to my Dell Ultrabook (no built in card reader, Windows 8). Then my husband found the external card reader and I used it to go to town with the ResScan software. When I put the SD card back in my CPAP machine, I got the error message.

I was on the verge of wiping out the SD card and starting over, when I had a revelation. We got new Android smartphones over the weekend, and I noticed a directory (LOST.DIR) which I had also seen on my SD card. On a strong hunch, I deleted the directory from the SD card and all was right with the universe.

Thanks to everyone who responded! I was worried about losing data while I had the SD card out of the machine, but as zonk pointed out, when you do put the SD card back in, it picks up where it left off. The only difference being you can only get summary data for the days without the SD card. All is well!

I feel so empowered now that I can see what is going on in the "little black box" at my bedside! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 504 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 671 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 467 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  My DME cant import my emailed SD card data, can I export all days to a pdf? ImAlwaysTiredd 7 723 12-28-2022, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.