Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Invalid SD card
Invalid SD card
Last night my ResMed S9 stopped working.  Message said invalid SD card.  I took out card and put back in and machine would start, but stop immediately with a message, do you want to delete the data.  Afraid to do that so, luckily I have a second ResMed S9 and hooked it up.

What do I need to do?  I haven't had cards read by anyone in a couple of years and I haven't downloaded any software.  Suggestions needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Invalid SD card
You could make a backup of the SD card on your computer before you answer "YES" to the S9's question about deleting the data.  If you are using a computer with Windows 8.1 or newer and read the SD card without Write Protecting it, then that is your problem.  Windows will write System Volume Information to removable drives that the S9 will NOT tolerate.  I have a registry mod file that will disable this Windows feature if needed.

Here it is if you want or need it.
Prevent SysVol Info Write
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-26-2017, 09:34 AM)acc Wrote: Last night my ResMed S9 stopped working.  Message said invalid SD card.  I took out card and put back in and machine would start, but stop immediately with a message, do you want to delete the data.  Afraid to do that so, luckily I have a second ResMed S9 and hooked it up.

What do I need to do?  I haven't had cards read by anyone in a couple of years and I haven't downloaded any software.  Suggestions needed.

Considering the limited amount of data on your card, the fact that you are beyond the compliance period and do not use the data with any software program, there is little downside to re-formatting your card. However, if this is happening more than a few times, you may wish to replace the card with a new one or have someone inspect your card unit on the machine.

You may want to start using #sleepyhead or ResScan to look more closely at your therapy to see if you are getting somewhat optimized results. The data is there -- so you may as well use it to your benefit.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Downloaded both Sleepyhead and ResScan software and checked the SD card data.  everything looks appropriate.  The machine works fine without the SD card, but when I put the card in I still get invalid and it asked me to I want to delete data.  When I say yes, the machine turns off.  It will not run with the invalid SD card.

Do I need to do something special to format a new SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
You reformat it with your computer as you would any drive. Right click on the icon for the SD card and select format.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The little SD cards that Resmed supplies with the S9 do give up the ghost with time.

I had one go and it failed in exactly the way you described. Try formatting the SD card as Melman has suggested, but if the problem keeps going, find your local Walmart, BestBuy, Staples or similar and get a cheap, small SD card to replace it. The machine will set up the card the same way as the old one when you insert it (I've been using a little Kingston one in mine for about a year now with no issues).
Post Reply Post Reply
i suspect it is full

just try another sd card and see if that doesnt fix it

i had a problem on the pc like that 
card good and had space
but hit the limit of total files for windoze in a folder 
made a new folder and started saving in that location and it worked
Post Reply Post Reply
Took awhile to find at 2gb SD card.  It arrived today, put it in machine and it seems to be working fine.  Thanks  for everyone's help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2017, 12:24 PM)acc Wrote: Took awhile to find at 2gb SD card.  It arrived today, put it in machine and it seems to be working fine.  Thanks  for everyone's help.

Just for general information for anyone reading this thread. Any capacity card will work. I initially used a 32 gig card I had from a camera. I now use a 16 gig FlashAir card. There's no need to search for a 2 gig card. It's hard to find anything under 8 gig.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried a 4gb SDHC card and the machine just kept reading and never went ahead and set up.  That's why I ordered the 2 gb SD card.

Not sure why it didn't work,  but someone had told me that sometimes equipment that had SD cards may not be able to read the SDHC card.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 946 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  What does 'invalid' SD card mean?? GrammaBear 15 5,253 11-02-2022, 03:11 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  GUI Lib Invalid ERROR at Boot-up zaphod351 2 2,316 03-19-2022, 05:08 PM
Last Post: zaphod351
  Invalid Serial Number on the replacement David Lee 2 2,204 12-13-2021, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zellem
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 50,997 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Invalid Card message fahrni 5 1,128 08-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Last Post: edfreeman
  invalid date/time. data exists for this period message on Resmed 9 autoset Marl1n 3 2,123 07-25-2016, 09:03 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.