Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is Bipap S / T automatic?
Is Bipap S / T automatic?
Sinto muito, tenho dificuldade com o idioma inglês. Eu sou do Brasil.
Há alguns anos que uso o sistema Bipap S / T da Phillips Respironics S / T. No início do tratamento, eu sempre acompanhava os dados usando o software Encore, mas depois que adquiri um Mac, parei de acessá-lo, pois não conhecia nenhum software para OSX que fizesse essa leitura.

Agora, instalei o SleepyHead e notei que minha AHI está alta. Em média 40 por noite.

Olhando no menu do meu bipap, não encontrei a possibilidade de deixar os parâmetros do EPAP e IPAP no modo automático.

Este equipamento tem essa possibilidade?

Se for o caso, como fazer?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is Bipap S / T automatic?
Welcome to the Apnea Board forum.  We can and will help.  
Please translate, Our forum rules require it.  Google translate is acceptable, both languages are acceptable but please include a translation.

Quote:I'm sorry, I have difficulty with the English language. I'm from Brazil.
I have been using the Phillips Respironics S / T Bipap S / T system for some years. At the beginning of the treatment, I always followed the data using the Encore software, but after I acquired a Mac, I stopped accessing it, as I did not know any OSX software to do that reading.

Now, I installed SleepyHead and noticed that my AHI is high. On average 40 per night.

Looking in the menu of my bipap, I did not find the possibility to leave the parameters of EPAP and IPAP in automatic mode.

Does this equipment have that possibility?

If so, how to do it?
The S/T does not have an automatic mode.
As the SleepyHead project has been shut down I do suggest the OSCAR software in its place.  Please post (attach) your screenshot including the left sidebar without the calendar or the pie chart so we can see other important info.  
Include these charts
Events
Flow Rate
Pressure
Leak Rate
Snores

That will give us a very good idea of what is going on.
My guess is that you have a large number of either central apneas or obstructive apneas.  Which one and your settings will determine the suggested settings. and possibly a device change.
Post Reply Post Reply
Obrigado pela breve resposta.

Escrevi meu texto anterior com a ajuda do Google Translate.

Quanto ao Oscar, não sei quem, mas no meu computador ele não está reconhecendo os dados no meu dispositivo. Apenas SleepyHead está em operação.

Ontem à noite, fiz um teste para alterar o dispositivo para o modo S e os resultados estão no anexo.

The complete screen is attach

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I left the pressure too strong which ends up hindering my breathing. Can be it?

When I took the exam a few years ago, the recommended one was 14, but I'm using 25.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ele anexo a tela do Oscar para demonstrar o problema.

Meu computador é um Macbook Air, MacOs Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266

Post Reply Post Reply
Just saw your left sidebar data
Either need to cut way back on your pressure support because the pressure support itself is causing the central apneas, of get a ResMed ASV that will properly treat central apneas.

Try a PS = 4 or EPAP = 10 and IPAP = 14
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok obrigado.

Uma dúvida, o que é "PS"??
Post Reply Post Reply
No meu Bipap eu tenho a opção "BMP", esse é o "PS"?
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Thanks for the brief answer.

I wrote my previous text with the help of Google Translate.

As for Oscar, I don't know who, but on my computer he is not recognizing the data on my device. Only SleepyHead is in operation.

Last night, I did a test to change the device to S mode and the results are in the attachment.

Quote:He attaches the Oscar screen to demonstrate the problem.

My computer is a Macbook Air, MacOs Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266
Then post the nightly from SleepyHead
Quote:OK thank you.

A question, what is "PS" ??
PS is Pressure Support or the difference between EPAP and IPAP
And please post a translation of your post.  It will help us a lot.  It would save me from going to google on every post.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2020, 04:41 PM)Bom Dia Wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the brief answer.

I wrote my previous text with the help of Google Translate.

As for Oscar, I don't know who, but on my computer he is not recognizing the data on my device. Only SleepyHead is in operation.

Last night, I did a test to change the device to S mode and the results are in the attachment.

Quote:He attaches the Oscar screen to demonstrate the problem.

My computer is a Macbook Air, MacOs Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266
Then post the nightly from SleepyHead

PT - Eu não entendi, você está me pedindo para postar a tela do SleepyHead, para conferencia?
EN - I don't understand, are you asking me to put a SleepyHead screen, for a conference?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 254 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 520 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  [Equipment] ResMed S8 Autoset automatic on/off? Dolphin Jockey 14 8,738 06-26-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: ottobrito

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.