Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is Devilbiss 55s set up properly?
Is Devilbiss 55s set up properly?
Hello. I am using the Devilbiss 55s in bipap mode for copd. I have the clinical manual but there are a few things I don't understand.ipap is 16 epap is 6. It feels like it increases pressure as I exhale. Is this correct? Also what does ipap and epap rounding do? Both set at 5. Finally, insp. Trigger=2, exp trigger =5. Anything else I should check? It took some fiddling to get to this point, it just feels like it's working backwards. Many thanks for any help. The "tech" who delivered it was not familiar with the unit.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is Devilbiss 55s set up properly?
Update: in normal use the display reads 6 as I inhale, 16 as I exhale. ??
Post Reply Post Reply
Should be a higher inhale than exhale, and 10 seems like an awful lot.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just double check the ipap is 16 epap is 6. I don't think it's possible to reverse them on the machine. Did you do a sleep study for these numbers? COPD can need high numbers.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Bonjour. Yes, that is precisely the problem I'm trying to resolve.
Ajack, thank you also. I have checked, double checked, million checked these settings and they are correct. The setting values were prescribed the doctor, and match the settings on the machine I was on in the hospital. I think it has to do with the trigger settings from fooling with it. Can someone please educate me on what the rounding settings are for? Thanks to all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Unable to get my BiPap treatment even started properly FrustratedSleeper 6 477 11-18-2023, 11:57 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 602 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  OSCAR + Devilbiss DV64 questions Cuppa 6 638 11-19-2022, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
  DeVilbiss IntelliPAP Auto Adjust Error message E06 MSGabbani 2 1,074 08-13-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: MSGabbani
  [CPAP] Help with Devilbiss DV6 CPAP data and settings Catalynux 45 5,666 06-30-2022, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Psychotech
  Devilbiss Intellipap disassembly REMember 5 1,079 03-31-2022, 07:27 AM
Last Post: REMember
  [CPAP] Resmed 10 Vpap doesnt properly record sleep data elijah1223 7 1,137 01-28-2022, 11:37 AM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.