Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is it normal for AirFit F30i to leak on top?
Is it normal for AirFit F30i to leak on top?
Hi all,

Where the air tube connects to the mask, on top of the head, it always leaks quite a bit. Wiggling it increases the leak.   

Total leak tonight was 36 L/min but i'm 99% sure it doesn't come from the mask itself because it was sealed very tightly to my face. 

Is it possible that I got a defective mask? I'm thinking it should "leak" from the vent holes in the mask itself only.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it normal for AirFit F30i to leak on top?
I have read about this mask and I believe there is an expiration port on the nose piece and on the top of the head where it attaches to the hose. A certain amount of air will vent out from these locations.  I just became eligible to get this mask next month. I can't wait to try it out!
Post Reply Post Reply
The F30i has top and front vents that are designed to vent air. 36 L/min is probably going to be labeled as large leak in report tools like OSCAR and others. You may be leaking out your mouth and not know it. And having the mask "sealed very tight" is possibly wrong in that it could be too tight and distorting the seal area. How about showing us the data on OSCAR?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepwreck:

Hope you'll be happy with it, I like it. 
Compared to AirThouch F20 it's more discreet and better when sleeping on the side, as it doesn't stick out anteriorly so much. Easier to read in bed too, better visibility. 
I percieve it as a bit noisier tho, I think it's because the air flows downwards right next to the ears.
Post Reply Post Reply
SarcasticDave94: 
Sure, will buy a SD card reader when shops open in a few hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just so you're armed with SD info: any brand is good-this means it doesn't need to say a PAP manufacturer like ResMed or Respironics, and it doesn't need to be only from SanDisk, Samsung or whoever, shop for least expensive in name you trust, and in SD or SDHC and 2-32GB capacity. Digital camera shops and electronics stores are good bets on finding it. Best to ya.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 44 2,955 9 hours ago
Last Post: yankees123
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Which is the most normal waveform? SingleH 9 204 03-26-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 414 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.