Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is it possible for a foreigner to buy a CPAP machine using the prescription from
RE: Is it possible for a foreigner to buy a CPAP machine using the prescription from
(11-09-2019, 04:54 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 04:45 PM)DaveL Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 12:46 PM)captainsteubing Wrote: Just to provide some additional information to what the rest of the folks have said in this thread. I'm in a similar position to you in that I live outside of the US, and just had experience in placing an order with [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #33. My prescription was not necessary since it was shipped outside of the US. There are other options that the supplier provides that make it possible to have your order shipped to an address in the US once they can verify that it will be taken abroad. I'll take advantage of this alternate option for my next visit to the US.

Thanks very helpful.

I had a close call travelling in the US. I've been concerned ever since. In fact I haven't visited the US in years because of that experience. My cpap was fine because I was using a surge suppressor. The tv plugged into the same receptacle died. I asked a major vendor if I could replace my cpap if it failed, and they insisted on a US prescription.
My new sleep doc in Oakville Ontario wants to sell me a machine. He'll only sell me a cpap, and I want something that will autotitrate...

Ask your doc if he will sell you a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her.  
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/pro/progr...manual.pdf

Note that IAW this official Ontario government document that the AutoSet for her is in "fact" a CPAP  Dielaughing

Thanks so much.  That's a hoot--ResMed for her!

My humidifier reservoir is leaking; I have the basic one...I bought cheap.  About 6 weeks ago I pulled my cpap off the nightstand.  Several days ago I was travelling and ran my humidifier all night without filling it. Ran it all night... Now it leaks.  Decision time.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Is it possible for a foreigner to buy a CPAP machine using the prescription from
Dave,

A new tank is fairly cheap for your S9 $20 from Supplier #1 then you have a spare machine when you get your new one
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2019, 04:35 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: Dave,

A new tank is fairly cheap for your S9  $20 from Supplier #1 then you have a spare machine when you get your new one

Excellent advice.
I was off last week; I thought at first that I had over-filled my reservoir and spilled it when I put it in the humidifier.
Last night I checked; there are 2 pin holes in the base of the reservoir. This is the first time that I have bought the cheaper humidifier chamber. I won't do that again.

I like the idea of having a spare machine....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 119 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  New to CPAP- Need advice on purchasing a machine JuanSiesta 4 365 02-14-2024, 09:31 PM
Last Post: JuanSiesta

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.