Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Is there an Auto CPAP machine that does NOT light up at all?
RE: Is there an Auto CPAP machine that does NOT light up at all?
(08-09-2019, 10:39 PM)Big Guy Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 10:14 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 08:51 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm no CPAP expert by any means, but from what I have heard since becoming a member here, is that the Airsense 10 AutoSet is a top notch machine. 

I was very lucky. My sleep doc ordered mine for me. I didn't have a clue as to what to get, or what to avoid. He even ordered the ClimateLine heated hose.  Big Grin

From what I know and have experienced with the 10 AutoSet, I'm very happy with it.
Big Guy,

May or may not need the heated hose up in Northern AZ. Down here in the south I don't use it. I have a 10 ft hose and the humidifier is set for pass-over and it works fine for me. One of the good things about the dry heat in the desert.

BTW, my wife has a Dreamstation ASV and is on her third machine in just over 2 years. She just got a replacement yesterday after going through 2 machines and 4 modems. Here pressures are all messed up as in the Dr gave her a setting which almost blows her mask off. Until we get something close to working from her Dr, we decided we aren't really going to touch it. I don't want to p*** her off any further. She is one of those that doesn't expect her patients to take an active role in their treatment. On the other hand, met with mine today and talked with him about a couple of things including what works and doesn't work for me. Should him my OSCAR AHI graph and explained the 10-15 around 2-3 in the morning was when I was trying to convince one of my cats I was still asleep and she was not going to get breakfast that early. Laugh-a-lot

Up here in the winter, we can and do gets temps in the high teens. Well below freezing. And, our humidity can get high at times, especially during the monsoon season. Last week, it got to 45%. 

I'm glad that my sleep doc did order a heated hose though. It'll be a year of use in early September. I think I've only had the hose temp. on a few times. For the most part, I do fine w/o any heat.

We're in our monsoon as well and it is really hit or miss but as you know, the humidity was higher yesterday, but no rain., Rained on the east side of Tucson, but not here yesterday. Calling for 70% chance today.

My heated hose in still in it's bag. I use a longer hose because of the way it is routed and it works fine for me.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2019, 10:14 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 08:51 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm no CPAP expert by any means, but from what I have heard since becoming a member here, is that the Airsense 10 AutoSet is a top notch machine. 

I was very lucky. My sleep doc ordered mine for me. I didn't have a clue as to what to get, or what to avoid. He even ordered the ClimateLine heated hose.  Big Grin

From what I know and have experienced with the 10 AutoSet, I'm very happy with it.
Big Guy,

May or may not need the heated hose up in Northern AZ. Down here in the south I don't use it. I have a 10 ft hose and the humidifier is set for pass-over and it works fine for me. One of the good things about the dry heat in the desert.

BTW, my wife has a Dreamstation ASV and is on her third machine in just over 2 years. She just got a replacement yesterday after going through 2 machines and 4 modems. Here pressures are all messed up as in the Dr gave her a setting which almost blows her mask off. Until we get something close to working from her Dr, we decided we aren't really going to touch it. I don't want to p*** her off any further. She is one of those that doesn't expect her patients to take an active role in their treatment. On the other hand, met with mine today and talked with him about a couple of things including what works and doesn't work for me. Should him my OSCAR AHI graph and explained the 10-15 around 2-3 in the morning was when I was trying to convince one of my cats I was still asleep and she was not going to get breakfast that early. Laugh-a-lot

Pressure blows the mask off. Did this duck accidentally change the normal CPAP pressure setting from
cm H2O to the Pascal scale?

Coffee

PS my ASV lights are about as dark as it gets when I'm asleep.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the sake of this thread, I paid attention to what my DreamStation does.

- When not in use, the power button on top is dimly illuminated, and flashes slowly.

- When I press the power button to start the flow, the screen lights up. I actually haven't looked at that screen (when I turn it on to go to sleep) in over a year, so I totally forgot what it shows... but it says the pressure.

- After mere seconds of being on and blowing, all lights go off and remain off.

I'm sensitive to light. And I can't imagine my DreamStation being any darker. It's lights-out when I'm masked up.

ETA:
I re-read the original post. So the problem seems to be waking up in the middle of the night, and the screen being on for that moment.

You could tape cardboard or blackout fabric over that.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2019, 01:44 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: - When not in use, the power button on top is dimly illuminated, and flashes slowly. 

I've always thunk Thinking-aboutthat the flashing (or rhythmically glowing) light on the power button was concurrent with the reminder message that pops up every thirty days telling you you're due for a filter change/wash. Whether you do or not (you should), you need to dismiss the message for the power button glowing also to end.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2019, 02:36 AM)Sheepish Wrote:
(08-11-2019, 01:44 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: - When not in use, the power button on top is dimly illuminated, and flashes slowly. 

I've always thunk Thinking-aboutthat the flashing (or rhythmically glowing) light on the power button was concurrent with the reminder message that pops up every thirty days telling you you're due for a filter change/wash. Whether you do or not (you should), you need to dismiss the message for the power button glowing also to end.

Ooh, I had no clue!  You're totally right!!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 298 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 620 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 198 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,495 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,721 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,071 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.