Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Just got a Respironics DS960HS BIPAP Auto SV - now what?
RE: Just got a Respironics DS960HS BIPAP Auto SV - now what?
(10-31-2014, 11:03 PM)Peter_C Wrote: Lucky for me stuff like pressure changes, or going from CPAP to bilevel, and so on don't mess with my ability to sleep - that's *MY* problem, is if I stop breathing, chances are really good that I won't wake up on my own. I was that way long before pain MGNT - my blood O2 dropped into the low 60s during my original study without me waking...

Well, that sounds bad.

Thinking-about

Post Reply Post Reply
That is why my dream machine is so important to me. I will not sleep at all without it. CPAP overall has improved my life greatly, and I just wish I had known about this forum much earlier.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Peter_C,
Good luck to you with the new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Peter I only have the 760 Sad

You're at;

MIN EPAP 10
MAX EPAP 15
MIN PS 3
MAX PS 10
BRM auto

And I'm at

MIN EPAP 13
MAX IPAP 20
MIN PS 4
MAX PS 7
BRM auto <-------- I don't have that one Smile

Best of luck on the new machine, I really like mine, some of the best $300+ I've spent.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am curious as to why the DME didn't do a complete set up of the machine for you instead of just setting it to the auto mode.

During your sleep study, did they do a titration portion?

Congrats on getting on Medicare and getting your new machine. It has to be a good feeling to have the right machine and an updated version that will give you some important data.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is dumb but compliant. So I don't care that they did not know what to correctly set my machine at as I don't have to fight with them.

I was titrated for an ASV machine. I do not quite get my Doc's script of "15/3/3" - so while waiting to see him next month, I will be pulling data.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Peter I think Vsheline on board here is quite familiar with that machine, and he knows exactly how the settings work and what they do, give him a PM, he is quite good, and he knows his snails. I mean he knows his machines. :d

And when are you going to get that pedal generator??
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 12:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey Peter I think Vsheline on board here is quite familiar with that machine, and he knows exactly how the settings work and what they do, give him a PM, he is quite good, and he knows his snails. I mean he knows his machines. :d

He and I have been chatting for months about my slightly weird conditions. And he's been a great help to me, including choosing my machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 12:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: And when are you going to get that pedal generator??

They cost way too much for my needs - more than a gas genny costs

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2014, 12:36 PM)Peter_C Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 12:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: Hey Peter I think Vsheline on board here is quite familiar with that machine, and he knows exactly how the settings work and what they do, give him a PM, he is quite good, and he knows his snails. I mean he knows his machines. :d

He and I have been chatting for months about my slightly weird conditions. And he's been a great help to me, including choosing my machine.

Yah he is quite good and very helpful, even at explaining things.

(11-02-2014, 12:38 PM)Peter_C Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 12:32 PM)Galactus Wrote: And when are you going to get that pedal generator??

They cost way too much for my needs - more than a gas genny costs

I thought I found you one at like $100 or something, is that a bad price?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,042 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 251 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.