Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Just got the new Airfit P10
RE: Just got the new Airfit P10
First night with it and a success, AHI was 0.3 in both Sleepytime and ResMed. Leaks were good as well. It was very comfy, but I spent the night worrying about the darn mask and dreamed about it all night. Tonight will be much better, I know now it worked for me. I am ready for bed LOLDielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Marnid2014,
It's good to hear you found the mask that works for you, as that can be the hardest part of this therapy.
I hope you are feeling better.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2014, 09:09 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Marnid2014,
It's good to hear you found the mask that works for you, as that can be the hardest part of this therapy.

I am getting used to the new routine, the pacemaker site is healing and now I am in Coumadin land trying to get that right. It is difficult but it is what it is. It could be worse!! I have a stress test on Monday and hopefully after that, I can just heal and deal with all of it. Thanks so much for your best wishes, it's GREATLY appreciated. PLEASE if your doctor suggests Zpack, see if they can give you something else, I believe that is what caused my Afib. The FDA is putting a black box warning on the drug. Be careful.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2014, 03:16 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote:
(03-27-2014, 09:09 AM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Marnid2014,

I am getting used to the new routine, the pacemaker site is healing and now I am in Coumadin land trying to get that right. It is difficult but it is what it is. It could be worse!! I have a stress test on Monday and hopefully after that, I can just heal and deal with all of it. Thanks so much for your best wishes, it's GREATLY appreciated. PLEASE if your doctor suggests Zpack, see if they can give you something else, I believe that is what caused my Afib. The FDA is putting a black box warning on the drug. Be careful.
Hi Marnid2014,
I'm glad to hear you are healing nicely and getting use to the new routine.
I hope your stress test goes well and that they will get your Coumadin levels right so you can move on.
As far as meds go, I'm pretty nervus about taking them and it just seems like the more you go to a lot of Dr.s today, the more they want to put you on more meds, just my opinion, YMMV.
Of course I know , for pneumonia, they have to put you on antibiotics to help you get rid of it but I'm not too sure about some of these newer ones such as Zpack.
Best of luck to you in healing and dealing with these new things.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Marnid14, great news about your Airfit10, so pleased you liked it, shame about the dreaming, I hope they fade away.

Continued good luck with your healing.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had the P10 for four nights now. I started the first night with the small pillows and half way through the night I changed to the medium pillow, due to the fact there seemed to be a lot of air escaping.
I love the feel of the straps and pillows way more than the swift, much more comfortable but and a very big but I have triple plus the leaks. I don't know how to stop them. I can't tighten the straps and that annoys me a bit.
I get it adjusted just right and it's nice and comfortable and quiet, then as soon as I go to sleep obviously I move and when I wake the air is pouring through or out. Saying that, I sleep on my back and do not move very much at all.
So far the P10 is the most comfortable mask I have worn and I would appreciate any tips out there please on how to try and stop these leaks.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 04:39 AM)Gabby Wrote: I have had the P10 for four nights now. I started the first night with the small pillows and half way through the night I changed to the medium pillow, due to the fact there seemed to be a lot of air escaping.
I love the feel of the straps and pillows way more than the swift, much more comfortable but and a very big but I have triple plus the leaks. I don't know how to stop them. I can't tighten the straps and that annoys me a bit.
I get it adjusted just right and it's nice and comfortable and quiet, then as soon as I go to sleep obviously I move and when I wake the air is pouring through or out. Saying that, I sleep on my back and do not move very much at all.
So far the P10 is the most comfortable mask I have worn and I would appreciate any tips out there please on how to try and stop these leaks.

Hi Gabby, have you tried to position the two straps closer together?
There is a vid down the page here http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...t-p10.html called AirFit P10 How to fit.
I hope you get it working, I love my P10 Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
After wearing it for a few nights I found my leak rate went way up, I don't know if it stretched out or what. I had to go back to the Swift LT for her. My leaks went WAAAY back down. I love the P10 but the leaks are not good. I am going to try it again with bigger pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 05:47 AM)comatose Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 04:39 AM)Gabby Wrote: I have had the P10 for four nights now. I started the first night with the small pillows and half way through the night I changed to the medium pillow, due to the fact there seemed to be a lot of air escaping.

There is a vid down the page here http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...t-p10.html called AirFit P10 How to fit.

Thanks Comatose, I shall check it out before shut-eye tonight and hopefully I might have a bit of luck. I have tried positioning the straps, with no luck.
Maybe I need to go up a size to a large pillow. Do you you use a big pillow?
I hope I can get it working too.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 06:31 AM)Gabby Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 05:47 AM)comatose Wrote:

Thanks Comatose, I shall check it out before shut-eye tonight and hopefully I might have a bit of luck. I have tried positioning the straps, with no luck.
Maybe I need to go up a size to a large pillow. Do you you use a big pillow?
I hope I can get it working too.

Hi Comatose, I just watched your link thanks and I learnt an important piece of information! I had been widening the straps to tighten, but you bring them together to tighten Oh-jeez I can't believe I was doing it the wrong way around.
So here is wishing me luck for tonight.
Thanks

Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,451 Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,780 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 266 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 946 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,078 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,321 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.