Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Just got the new Airfit P10
RE: Just got the new Airfit P10
(04-04-2014, 06:27 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: After wearing it for a few nights I found my leak rate went way up, I don't know if it stretched out or what. I had to go back to the Swift LT for her. My leaks went WAAAY back down. I love the P10 but the leaks are not good. I am going to try it again with bigger pillows.

Sorry to here you are having the same problem. It's a comfortable mask isn't it?
That's my next move to order a larger pillow and see how I go.
My Swift FX was good on the AHI and leaks but wasn't comfortable.

I hope you're recuperation is progressing nicely.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I think what makes the LT less likely to move is the support tabs on either side of the nose, it's very stable. Also coupled with the adjustable head gear. I think what I might do is buy some Velcro and make my own adjustable straps for it and then see if I get a good result. It should be easy to sew it on (by machine) to the existing mask. It is a comfortable unobtrusive mask for sure.

Thanks for the well wishes, I am doing pretty good, I will be very happy when I can move my arm over my head as well, it's been really hard to sleep knowing I can't move it.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI: All three pillows WILL seal for me. The small go "in the nose" further so they actually seem to seal best, but I have essentially 0 leaks with ANY of the 3 pillow sizes, last night was 0 median, 0 95%, 4.8 max with medium pillows.

The head gear does FIT me, but it fits LOOSER than I would likely have chosen were it adjustable -- it just doesn't need as much as one would expect.

Most of my leaks with the P10 actually come from one of two sources:

1) Scrubbing the strap against the pillow and thereby putting pressure on the pillow assembly OR moving it physically out of place. You learn to avoid this when snuggling your pillow -- or to gently apply reverse pressure to equalize and center it back where it belongs -- this hasn't happened to me much in weeks.

2) Messing with the mask fit by hand. This was actually the larger problem and stemmed from being doubtful the mask was properly position and therefore 'testing' it. Fiddling with it was the biggest source of movement which caused leaks.

I just STOPPED fiddling with it with two exceptions which work quite well:

1) Press the 'curved platform' gently flat to my upper lip to make sure it is centered and stable or to do something like scratch my nose without letting it move.

2) Pressing it UPWARDS firmly under my nose to OPEN the space between the curved platform and my upper lip -- again for purposes of scratching mostly. This actually will allow for reach all the way to the BOTTOM surface of the nose behind the pillows.

Conclusion: You 'learn' to keep it in place since the strap is only there to prevent it "falling off" and you literally can reach almost all parts of your nose if you get an itch. Otherwise leaving it alone, keeps it in place.

One additional point: While I can put it on in the dark or even with the air blowing, it works MUCH better if I set the pillows in front of the mirror and make triple sure they are in place. It's more difficult to put properly sized pillows in while the air is blowing.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I will try this, I love the mask and want so much for it to work for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 11:42 AM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I will try this, I love the mask and want so much for it to work for me.

I will also give it a go tonight as I had another night of leaks last night.

I'm with you Marnid2014, I really want this mask to work for me.
I have Nuance Pro not opened but I am determined to give the Airfit my all before I give up.

PS. Also woke up more tired than usual this morning, could that be due to the leaks?
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-20-2014, 08:50 PM)Galactus Wrote: I would be interested to know how this is vs the Nuance Pro, as they look very similar. If anyone out there has tried both I'd like to know.

I haven't tried the P10 yet but have used the Nuance. It works well when I get it sealed properly but that can be quite a task. I'm now trying the Pilaro Q and the only thing that worries me is the durability of the silicon nose piece. I also don't like the short connecting hose. I have a month to decide and I may try the P10.

"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2014, 06:42 PM)Zorki1c Wrote: I haven't tried the P10 yet but have used the Nuance. It works well when I get it sealed properly but that can be quite a task. I'm now trying the Pilaro Q and the only thing that worries me is the durability of the silicon nose piece. I also don't like the short connecting hose. I have a month to decide and I may try the P10.

I tried out both and found that they had a lot of similarities. I settled on the Q (the P10 was a very close second) and have been using it exclusively for over a month now.

I have not seen any issues yet with durability. I did prefer the longer, lighter, more flexible hose on the P10. I found that I had fewer leaks and better performance with the Q. When I would have congestion that would block one nostril, the P10 would be hard to breathe with and would start whistling - I didn't have this issue with the Q.

If you like the Q, you'd likely also like the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2014, 07:40 AM)skram Wrote: ...
If you like the Q, you'd likely also like the P10.

I suspect it will work in the other direction also.

My initial intention was to buy a Pilairo Q, but while researching the Q the P10 came to my attention.

My suspicion -- and there is no proof -- is that for me the P10 would be a little better, but even if that is true, it's likely that the Q would be a VERY close second.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,786 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 19 4,326 01-26-2024, 11:44 PM
Last Post: JoeP

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.