Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Just got the new Airfit P10
Wink 
Just got the new Airfit P10
Got the new Airfit P10 nasal pillows yesterday. Slept like a baby last night. No more sore spot on my head from the Breeze headgear. I don't have insurance so it cost me $99. but worth every penny. The pillows fit well and are soft and silent a few times while I was reading before dropping off I had to check to be sure they were still working. The headgear is incredibly soft thin and comfortable.Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Just got the new Airfit P10
Hi jakesmom,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad to hear you really like your new mask.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I love my P10.

It's quieter than my own breath, and sometimes I sort of forget I am wearing it.

I can scratch almost all of my nose and upper lip.

It's incredibly easy to clean (compared to what I have heard and what I have imagined.)

My leaks are minimal and I am starting to wear it without even fooling with it or adjusting it all night.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I would be interested to know how this is vs the Nuance Pro, as they look very similar. If anyone out there has tried both I'd like to know.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the pics online, it looks like the Airfit goes inside the nostril further than the Nuance does. It really doesn't look any shorter than the Swift LT. It does look very minimalistic, though, which seems to be the trend in nasal pillows.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Minimalistic == YES

It is little more than nose pillow, a simple strap, and very flexible pigtail tube -- there is a little platform between pillows and tube and that is ALL.

I can scratch most of my upper lip/filtrum up the the bottom of my nose, and all of the top/sides external part of my nose.

The little platform is curved to fit your face but it barely makes contact with your upper lip.

You snap off the pillows for cleaning, and the little platform stays with the pigtail nose.

Someone said it might need a swivil on the hose, but part of the minimalist design is that without this the hose and platform are much lighter and smaller.

The hose is so flexible and soft that you don't need a swivel there.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
This mask intrigues me. Yes it seems that the P10 goes further in the nostrils, as well as that it might be lighter, but the nuance pro has that swivel in the front, i'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, I sleep on my side and my back and I find often the swivel helps me. Also the weave for quieter exhaling, and non directional exhaling could be a plus whereas the port on the nuance pro can make some noise, and can direct a pretty good blast of air. Really though we are just surmising, we need someone who has used both, hopefully someone will drop in and let us know or one of us might get one of the other masks, fingers crossed to get that review.

Overall though it definitely appears that the minimalistic approach is in, as less can ultimately be more in this case!

I also watched a video on it, and it is even more intriguing after watching the video.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently switched from the Swift FX to the Nuance (not the Pro). I have had consistantly lower AHI with the Nuance--although my previous scores were very good. The fabric straps on the Nuance don't leave indentations on my face like the Swift did. Another plus, I think, it the Nuance hose os more flexible that the one on the Swift FX so it's not as likely to pull the pillow away from my nose when I move. I've never tried the P10.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the Pilairo Q, but I finally got to try the P10 last night. My sleep clinic just got in some samples, not sure when they'll have stock to purchase, but since I had been asking about it before they even knew about it, they've lent me one of the samples.

Both are light (although the P10 is lighter).
Both have minimal and somewhat similar headgear (although the P10 feels a little more snug and left strap marks on the sides and back of my head - yes, back - I'm bald/shaved)
Both are very quiet and you have to practically touch the vent holes/screens to feel anything.
I've found that without checking or listening close to the machine, you can hardly even tell it's on.
Both have minimal leaks.

I'll need a few nights before I can say which I like better.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I understand it you are encouraged to STRETCH out the head gear if it is too tight for you head.

I lucked out (on this whole CPAP thing really) and the strap is probably as perfect for me as possible -- had I sized it myself I would have made it tighter a little and that would have been completely unnecessary.

(02-21-2014, 10:50 AM)Galactus Wrote: ...but the nuance pro has that swivel in the front, i'm not sure if that makes it better or worse, I sleep on my side and my back and I find often the swivel helps me. Also the weave for quieter exhaling, and non directional exhaling could be a plus whereas the port on the nuance pro can make some noise, and can direct a pretty good blast of air. Really though we are just surmising, we need someone who has used both, hopefully someone will drop in and let us know or one of us might get one of the other masks, fingers crossed to get that review.

Overall though it definitely appears that the minimalistic approach is in, as less can ultimately be more in this case!

I also watched a video on it, and it is even more intriguing after watching the video.

I believe that the swivels makes it BOTH better and worse. Better if you need that swivel or even just appreciate it, and worse for adding the weight and additional rigid protusion instead of just soft tubing which is sufficient for most purposes.

I sleep constantly on my side with my head deep in a double pillow and don't have any issues.

The swivel would be worse for me since I prefer a "body pillow" and in the past would also bury my chin into that -- I had to move the body pillow down or away about 3 inches to let the hose clear.

The swivel would just require more space as the hose seems flexible enough to be routed in any direction and does have the stiff protusion that the swivel requires.

(I have a swivel on the Oracle HC452 that requires MORE room in front of my face to avoid fouling in the pillow or blanket.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,233 2 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,301 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,984 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.