Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment]  LONG Climateline hose
Question 
LONG Climateline hose
I would like to try a Climateline hose but they only come in 6-foot lengths. To reach my head, I need a hose that is at least 8-feet long. Can the Climateline hoses be hooked together (in series)?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: LONG Climateline hose
Nope. I just checked on the hose and only one end has the power connection and the other end is just a tube so there is no way to transfer the power. However, I see no reason why you couldn't use a short pigtail at the end to make up the two feet you need extra..... Just a thought.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2014, 11:50 PM)PollCat Wrote: I would like to try a Climateline hose but they only come in 6-foot lengths. To reach my head, I need a hose that is at least 8-feet long. Can the Climateline hoses be hooked together (in series)?

I use the wisp nasal mask and it comes with a hose that attaches to the climate line tube and extends the length. Not sure if your nasal pillows has that or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you do use a non-heated hose for an extender hose you might want to have a "hose cozy" or something to help keep the air in the hose warm.

A hose cozy can be bought, made from polar fleece or a sweater sleeve or a leg warmer or sock with the toe cut out. Just make sure it is light weight so it does not drag the hose down.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've used a hose cozy on my standard hoses for several years! I'm just toying with the idea of getting a Climateline hose to see if I'd sleep any better with warmer air being blown into my nose. Given the logistics of my machine location relevant to my head, I need a hose that is at least 8' long - preferably 10' long.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Long story short chronic 5 384 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 560 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 616 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 358 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.