Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Locked into user mode but machine still not set up to work!
Question 
Locked into user mode but machine still not set up to work!
I've been successfully using the quick and short explanation for changing setting on a Respironics PR System One Pro BiPap with bi-flex and somehow I find myself locked into user mode or locked into an incomplete change in settings. The bi-flex does not operate. I cannot get to the usual set of four windows set up for the provider. Instead I seem to be seeing only what the user is allowed to see. How to exit the user setting? For now, I'll go back to my older machine, which has been losing pressure (age) but I've been setting it higher and it works, more or less. I've requested an email copy of the provider manual, but I'm not sure it will be a complete user manual and am getting more than a bit nervous. Anyone out there with experience with the newer System One, a machine with only two buttons, not the three or four on other models. Nerves give me insomnia!:thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Locked into user mode but machine still not set up to work!
Hi maddis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't have that particular machine but hang in there and some will help you soon.
Best of luck to you in figuring out your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 07:29 AM)maddis Wrote: The bi-flex does not operate. I cannot get to the usual set of four windows set up for the provider. Instead I seem to be seeing only what the user is allowed to see. How to exit the user setting?

Not sure why/what is wrong with it, but you can unplug the machine, wait a minute and plug it back in, and see if it works again, and if the instructions for setting it work.

I don't have that machine, but the posted instructions have worked for others.

I'm sure someone who has the machine will toss you a hint.

Also, if you got through normal channels, you can just bring it back and tell them you think it's not working right and ask them to check it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 07:29 AM)maddis Wrote: I cannot get to the usual set of four windows set up for the provider. Instead I seem to be seeing only what the user is allowed to see.

Do you see the set of four windows that the user is supposed to see? If not, reboot the machine. Once you do see them, rotate the knob until you've highlighted the lower right quadrant. Hold down both the knob and the ramp button until it beeps. You'll then be in the provider's menu.

I would advise care when you're in this menu as it gives you the opportunity to change the pressure settings. There are two pressures, one for EPAP and one for IPAP. Let us know what you're trying to do and we'll try to help you do it.

What's the model number of your machine? Likely it's either a 660P or a 760P, but it may also be the older 650P or 750P. (Make sure you remove or empty the water tray before turning the machine upside down to look at the model number).

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take out the SD card and try again. The DME or doctor's office may have booby trapped the SD card. If so, just buy a regular SD card and use it instead of the "official" card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 06:57 PM)archangle Wrote: Take out the SD card and try again. The DME or doctor's office may have booby trapped the SD card. If so, just buy a regular SD card and use it instead of the "official" card.

Is that possible?

Post Reply Post Reply
Encore Pro can be used to place files on the SD card that will set the pressure on the machine. You can go into the clinician's menu and change the settings, but as soon as you start the machine up it will read those files and undo the changes. The solution is to just get a new card.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 09:27 AM)tcarmen Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 06:57 PM)archangle Wrote: Take out the SD card and try again. The DME or doctor's office may have booby trapped the SD card. If so, just buy a regular SD card and use it instead of the "official" card.

Is that possible?

Encore Basic or Pro will do this.

It's not called "booby trap" in the menu, it's something like "lock prescription." There are two options to write a prescription onto the SD card.

In one mode, the SD card reprograms the settings once when you put the card into the machine, but then the settings can be changed through the buttons on the machine.

With the "lock" setting, the SD card will keep resetting the settings. You may be able to change the settings with the buttons, but they won't stick. The locked settings SD card will reset the settings every time you take the card out and put it back in. I forget the exact details, but it may also reset the settings whenever you turn the machine on.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I subscribed to this forum today for almost the exact reason and question as is being posed here. I have a Respironics System One machine with a humidifier. I've tried to enter user mode via the user manual posted here, but when I press both the knob and the button, nothing happens (there is no beeping). Also, when I first received the machine (about two years ago), I could turn the machine on and off by pressing the knob. It no longer works. I have to put the mask on or take it off to start/stop it - or I can go the plug/unplug route. What could be going on with these two issues? Thanks for any help out there.

Philips Respironics System One
REMstar Pro 450P

with REMstar Heated Humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2014, 05:53 PM)eferrell214 Wrote: Also, when I first received the machine (about two years ago), I could turn the machine on and off by pressing the knob. It no longer works. I have to put the mask on or take it off to start/stop it - or I can go the plug/unplug route.

If there's something wrong with the push button switch mechanism that would also explain why you can't get into the clinician's menu. I assume it's no longer under warranty and you don't want to take it somewhere to have it fixed. Other than taking it apart and trying to fix it, there's not much you can do.

Maybe someone with spare parts will see this and can send you a replacement switch salvaged from another machine.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 111 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Oscar and SD cards for machine/user swap ahuman 3 118 03-15-2024, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 251 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Changed my mother over to APAP Mode: Phaleronic 2 382 12-11-2023, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Feedback and Help on OSCAR Data, I am a new user of a CPAP machine and feel tired! fdm1990 3 537 11-29-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: fdm1990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.