Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice
RE: Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice
On almost all reports the ResMed is a better machine and reduces AHI in almost all that we see here.  Some members do not like the quick response and prefer the Phillips but again most find out just what you have witnessed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The Respironics has older algorithm than the ResMed. And the DreamStation has nearly identical algorithm as machines 2 or so generations old. ResMed is targeting different parameters that are more effective for therapy and comfort, and with newer algorithms to control it.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed ASV is generally leaps and bonds better than the Philips these numbers should become normal for you well done I hope the rest of your life settled down so you can enjoy your new machine  Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Honestly I just cannot tell you how grateful I am to all of you and for the sterling advice I received. I am so happy with my purchase and really look forward to getting to rest.
Thank you so much again from the bottom of my heart.
Take care.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I guess you can change your profile to Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV now. I'm surprised at how busy the ASV is. Nearly every breath is assisted with pressure support, with a median PS of 7.0 cm. Based on that, I am going to suggest you increase the PS min from 3.0 to 4.0 for now, and I think you should try changing it in 1-cm increments until you reach 6.0 cm. That may increase your comfort and the machine response time. The objective here is to find what "feels" best to you, so keep notes and give the increased PS a trial, then decide where it should be.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV was pretty busy as well with treatment needs, so it can be expected. As long as therapy is doing well and with comfort, so be it. I am CA very heavy if untreated, and I had great results with edits to EPAP Min/Max and leaving PS at/near titration start levels at 3-15. I did try PS Min 4 and it was noticeably different in feeling a hit when PS did its part.

Edit however you need to in order to get best balance of comfort and therapy results. Your ASV should tackle all things apnea however. Congrats on success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow! Thank you for such a detailed response. I will try your suggested changes and make notes in my sleep diary.
Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Guys - I think I had a bad night. I have been really really sleepy all day and am crashing early.
Can someone please look at my graph from last night please?
I did change the PS Min to 4.0 but that was over a week ago.
Something happened at 03:30 to 04:30 and I don't know what.
It has me a little worried to be honest.
Is this something that can be explained?
Thanks guys.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like chin tucking. We’re you on your back? Even if you were on your side you can tuck your chin.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah that sure does look like a chin tuck/positional apnea issue. Do you have a soft collar you're using? Read this wiki and consider getting a collar.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 45 1,846 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Uzupan
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 306 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 182 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 395 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 874 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,821 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 125 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.