Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Looking for New Machine
RE: Looking for New Machine
Again thanks. You give such good advice.

An interesting sidenote to my appointment with my new sleepcare PA.
I took my computer in loaded with all the data I had download over 7 years so he could look at the graphs and see what was going on. I also took a printed "report" that I had created not knowing exactly what he would want to look at along for backup. He liked the printed report, but when he looked at the computer I sensed he didn't know how the software worked (ResScan) and barely gave it a glance. I had also copied all my data to a USB drive and gave that to his assistant. After some time she came back and could not do anything with it. After 30 minutes he was gone. He said he had 4000 patients in the area that he covered. Upper central Washington.

Slam Bam Thank you Ma'am comes to mind....  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news to report. I spoke with my DME provider and she said she would set me up with the AirCurve 10 ASV. She did say she wanted to check with the PA who prescribed a new machine to make sure he was ok with it, but she didn't think there would be any problem. We'll see, but now it looks good.

Thanks to all for your excellent help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations!!! Best of luck to you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Keep us posted how this works out. I think the PA will allow it just to get rid of you. LOL
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like I'm going to run into problems. My DME called and said my PA prescriber wanted me to have a Respironics and not the ResMed. She said she was told something about the waveforms he didn't like. It would seem to me that has more to do with the viewing software than the machine. How do the waveforms from SleepyHead compare to those of ResScan?
Post Reply Post Reply
My guess is he has EncorePro software and does not want to mix in ResScan.  The information available from either machine is equivalent, but he probably only prescribes Respironics machines.  It's not the end of the world.  The PRS1 960 Auto SV Advanced is a good machine, and at least you can be properly treated.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A second thought on this is, has this PA or doctor ever looked at your data? Does he actually intend to be active in your treatment and settings, or is this just a distraction? If he really is as active as to look at your detailed data and troubleshoot the therapy, that's excellent! If you end up having to ask the forum what's going on, then his need for a particular data-set seems like a waste of time. For your purposes, Sleepyhead works with either one. I don't think the S/V is available yet in the Dreamstation series.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
She says there is a DreamStation ASV machine available. It was on the phone so I didn't get the exact model name, but I did ask her to verify it was an ASV capable machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2017, 05:18 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: A second thought on this is, has this PA or doctor ever looked at your data?  Does he actually intend to be active in your treatment and settings, or is this just a distraction?  If he really is as active as to look at your detailed data and troubleshoot the therapy, that's excellent!  If you end up having to ask the forum what's going on, then his need for a particular data-set seems like a waste of time.  For your purposes, Sleepyhead works with either one.  I don't think the S/V is available yet in the Dreamstation series.
Well, I tried to get him to look at the data on my computer. He just kinda looked at the screen that was displayed, but looked confused as to what to do and then just kinda brushed it off like we were out of time. I gave his assistant a USB with 7 years of data on it and she brought it back saying she couldn't get anything out of it. Clearly a sign she didn't have the correct software and/or didn't know how to get it off the USB and on her computer. She was obviously "SD CARD" bound. As for how active he will be is unknown as this was the first time I've been to him. My previous DR. is over 120 miles away so I was trying to simplify things.

Can I insist on the machine I want or am I destined to use what "HE" is used to?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is unfamiliar territory to me. You are relying on him for a prescription. His insistence is based on the ability to retrieve data I don't think he will ever look at. Quite a conundrum. In theory ASV is ASV. The brand is solely for the convenience of the PA, and presumes he will even look at the data.

If the Dreamstation ASV is provided, be aware Sleepyhead may not work with it, and you would need to use Encore. It is even probably that the Encore available through the forum cannot read the data because we don't have access to most current versions. It is a completely new machine, and it is likely the data structure is going to be different from the System One. So I guess I would actually push for the PRS1 960 instead of the 900 series Dreamstation, assuming you can't get any movement from the prescribing physician. In this case, it's not easy to simply use a different doctor. Your condition is not common, and it's not likely someone else can just stand in and issue the script. This happens. http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots...the-mirror https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/...a803f340c5 v
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,132 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.