Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Looking to purchase APAP from US (based in Ireland)
Looking to purchase APAP from US (based in Ireland)
Hi All,

Ok so I was recently diagnosed and am currently renting a System One REMstar Auto @  €98 $110 dollars a month - Health Insurance in Ireland will not cover it Sad

This was fine for a while while I got used to it all.  Now I'm looking at purchasing a machine - as it make much more financial sense.

So I've narrowed it down to a few AirSense 10  / PR DreamStation  / F&P ICON+ Auto maybe even a System One REMstar Auto 60

One thing that seems unusual is many of the suppliers are listing the F&P ICON+ Auto  at 50%+ discount

So my questions
 - Anyone know why such a discount  ? - is it to get more market share - get more people using F&P?    promotional ?   quality issues ?   etc

- Anyone here import a CPAP/APAP into Ireland ?  Any idea what % import/customs/vat you had to pay ?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Looking to purchase APAP from US (based in Ireland)
I quickly checked and suppliers 1,2, and 4 will ship to you.  The link to these suppliers is located at the top of the page.  I'm sure more of them will ship international but, due to time constraints, I was unable to check their site.  I'm am guessing on the F&P discount but knowing the two main CPAP manufacturers are Resmed and Philips-Respironics, F&P may be trying to "get their foot in the door", or suppliers are trying to move their inventory.  F&P makes very good products,  I love their Simplus and Brevida masks.   The F&P won't win any style awards when compared to the Resmed and Philips models but they are very effective functionally.  

One word of advice, make sure that the model you select is full data compatible with some analytical software.  The lower end models pnly provide summary data and will not provide you with the detailed information required to fine tune your therapy.

Here is a link to a CPAP database to look at the different models capabilities.:
https://sleep.tnet.com/cmd

Good luck in making a choice.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alo10

To answer part of your question, I started with an F&P and it didn't make too much difference and my AHIs ranged between 7 and 24 with the ICON Auto. A switch to a Resmed (S9) bought about an instant and massive improvement. Both Resmed and Respironics are reputable companies that make excellent machines. Either would be suitable. I've used both and was happy with both.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 02:41 AM)holden4th Wrote: Alo10

Can I suggest that you ignore the comments in the previous post as they are not correct.

I think Holden4th is referring to a post that was deleted overnight, not Crimson Nape's post Wink

We had someone log in last night that began flooding the forum with cut-and-paste posts critical of Resmed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try Supplier #2. Easy to work with, good prices and they will honor a warranty, even with overseas shipping.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought used machines on craigslist with great success.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2017, 08:18 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I've bought used machines on craigslist with great success.

Yes, but not from a foreign country. Craigslist is very much a US site, and I wouldn't advise to buy something expensive on such site, to be shipped abroad.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both Supplier #10 and #2 ship outside US, quite popular with Aussies especially the ones without private insurance 
Recently, I've ordered some supplies from #10 and arrived in a matter of few days, that's what you call, a good service
As for a machine choice, everyone have a favourite and ResMed machines are mine,  started with S9 AutoSet when first diagnosed and last year acquired A10 AutoSet, liked it much and got another one as a spare
I like the simplicity of ResMed machines and the additional data displayed on the screen sleep report, none of the other machines comes close. Here is a guide might helps in machine choice http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,517 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 364 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 562 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,411 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.